We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Hi everyone

I have not booked my domestic flight yet from Buenos Aires to IGR airport, but from what I have researched you are better off to stay in either the Brazil side or Argentina side but no need to book a hotel in both places.

I was thinking that I would fly from Buenos Aires to IGR airport and somehow transfer over to stay in a hotel on the Brazil side, depending on what time I arrive I will spend a few hours on the brazil side and then go to the Argentina side the following day, after I have finished on the Argentina side then I would collect bags at the hotel and get a flight to Salvador for my next stop.

My question is, do you have more choices of accommodation on the Brazil or Argentina side? Also, does any of these sides have better entertainment or things to do than the other?

Also, does my plan make any sense.

Thanks

kelly

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

Ola Kelly,

The numbers say more choices in Foz Do Iguaçu BR. This is due Foz having over 250,000 people and a large range of hotels. Your selection are not as many in Puerto Iguacu but there are few resorts hidden in the forests that are amazing. These, of course, cost on the higher range but if you want to be away (not far from town but in the rain forest) these are nice.

You did not mention you preference as to type of lodging.

Stay in BR (again as you stated depends on arrival time) You can find taxis to take you to the Brazilian hotels (many not far from the Falls) and if you arrive around noon you can see the BR Falls that afternoon, come back to the hotel and leave early to the AR side.

Please keep in mind if you walk all the Falls' paths you will get wet and may need a change of clothes before your flight. Be sure to wear "non-slip shoes"

Enjoy our little piece of heaven and let me know if you have other questions which I may be able to help.

Marty

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Thank you ver much Marty for your advise!

I am going to have to post another question both on this forum and Rio forum. I actually changed my mind and no longer visiting Buenos Aires but instead I have booked my tickets to go to Chile and fly home from Rio, this obviously will impact where I fly into from Chile.

Do you know if coming from Chile do you mainly fly into Rio or can I maybe fly into IGU?

I will go back on the travel sites to figure this out but thought no harm in asking on here.

Thanks again!

Kelly

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,828 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

there are more flights from Santiago to Sao Paulo GRU.

and also more flights from Sao Paulo to IGU.

if your goal is to go from Santiago to IGU without stopping to visit any place, chances are the fastest route will be SCL-GRU-IGU. but the fastest connecton would still mean a 7-hour journey.

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

Kelly

There are no direct flights from Santiago to IGU. Shortest flight is 7 hours via Sao Paulo (morning flights). There are options via GIG, Lima and other cities. LanTam are partner airlines and have many flights. Again though you would fly into GRU or GIG.

Connection to IGU via GIG are limited to 2 flights due to timing of arrival.

Hope this helps

Marty

5. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Foz do Iguacu