We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple of questions please?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A couple of questions please?

Hi all

I am getting an early morning flight 2:30am to arrive at the falls (argentina) side at roughly 11:15am, where I will need to cross over to the Brazilian side to check into my hotel which is Aguas do Iguacu hotel centro which is apparently near to the bus station.

My plan is to check my luggage in and then head back to the Brazil falls, and the next day visit the Argentina falls starting out as early as possible, my flight will leave that afternoon/evening to take me to Salvador where I have a room booked.

My questions are:

When I arrive at the falls Argentina side, how do I get across to the Brazil side, ie taxi or bus?

Am I better off checking my bags into the hotel first and then head back to the Brazil falls or can I store my luggage somewhere at the Brazil falls,if so is there also shower facilities?

As both my days are going to be short because of arrival and departure times, could I be better off visiting the Argentina side the day I arrive and then do Brazil the next day before I fly to Salvador?

If I head to the Argentina falls on the 2nd day as early as possible, I have 3 options for flights that day so wondered what you thought is a more practical option as I would ideally like to get to Salvador not too late.

-15:36 departure from IGU and arrives in Salvador at 19:04pm

-16:07 depart from IGU, arrives in Salvador at 22:13pm

-19:40 depart from IGU arrives at 00:35am

From the above options I would love to get the 15:36 flight so I can arrive in Salvador to catch some of the Tuesday night party but is the time frame do-able if I don't plan to do a boat tour but possibly a 10min tour.

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks

Elaine

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Salvador
Salvador
State of Bahia
Cataratas Airport
Cataratas Airport
Foz do Iguacu, PR
M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple of questions please?

Elaine,

Being you desire to catch the 15:36 flight from IGU, you may wish to get a taxi to the AR side of the falls an store the luggage in locker(s) (They are small lockers in the Falls) and see the AR side first. AR side takes a little longer to see. The Hotel is about 14 km from the BR Falls. You could het a taxi and go to the hotel then return to AR but it will be additional taxi fare. Time is the issue and You should go early on the 2nd day to the BR Falls. There are no showers, except the falls will give you one.

You again can check your luggage in the lockers on the BR side and go to the IGU which is not far. You may want to have a change of clothes ready to change in the airport if not lucky enough to dry in the cab.

You did not state when you were traveling so I revered the trip. Sometimes the AR boarder crossing gets backed up and you need to be at the airport to check in 1 hour prior to departure. Most flights are full and if you are not checked in they tend to begin allowing standby passengers to board and you could lose your seat.

Enjoy for trip

Mentioned in this post
Cataratas Airport
Cataratas Airport
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple of questions please?

Hello Olescrapiron

Thanks for getting back to me. This trip is in November.

So, you are suggesting that as I land at IGR airport, I should get a taxi to the AR falls and store my luggage. (Hope they can fit normal size suitcases with extra bits:). then after I finish at the falls, I then get a taxi to my hotel on the BR side, check in and the following morning just visit the BR falls.

I land in IGR at 11:15am, what time do you think I should get to the AR falls roughly?

If I do book the 15:36pm from IGU, what time will I need to leave the hotel roughly? (I will add on an extra 30mins to this)

Not sure if 14km my hotel being from the falls means its way out but it seemed to get good reviews and lots of guests talked about using the buses from the bus garage to get to both falls...hope I haven't made too much of a drastic mistake here.

I take on board the change of clothing..thanks.

Thanks

Elaine

Mentioned in this post
Cataratas Airport
Cataratas Airport
Foz do Iguacu, PR
M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A couple of questions please?

Elaine,

It will take about 20 minutes from IGR to the falls. It is near. The lockers will handle normal luggage. (large ones are tough to get into one) The reasoning for my advice is taxi fares. You could go from IGR to hotel then back into AR and you would not worry about the luggage, but you would pay for two trips. You hotel lies one block from the downtown area. It is easy to go to and from the airport. (Downtown is busy around noon and on Saturdays. Everyone goes to the banks and Mercado's on Saturday morning. The main street is in front of your hotel and intersects with the airport (falls highway). There are dining options near your hotel within walking distance. It will be warm in November. The Falls highway is mostly 3 lanes and not a hassle to go to and from the Falls.

There is another option some have used which is a private van. Email jovianoantunes@gmail.com. He has small and large vans and fixed prices you may discuss prior to arrival. One couple hired him to stay while they went to the Falls. I am not certain of the cost.

buses do run to the falls and around 3 reals from the urbano station to the falls. I do not think with luggage it is a good option. Many buses run though out the day with only a few during the evening. They stop at most of the hotel along the highway so it will take time.

You can see the Brazilian Falls in 2 to 3 hours (be sure to wear non-slip shoes on both sides) This is why I suggested the BR side last and near the airport. It will normally take about 15-20 minutes to the airport from the hotel, but less from the Falls.

Hope this help. Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: A couple of questions please?

Hi Marty

Thank you again!

So you know how much it would roughly cost and time from IGR airport to hotel and back to AR Falls if the taxi waits or even if he doesn't wait and I order another taxi to take me back to the AR falls? Bit worried that I will be wasting sometime here but I understand I don't have much choice as I do not want to take the risk of my luggage not fitting in the lockers.

On the 2nd day, I will check out of hotel, but hopefully leave luggage there and take the bus to the BR falls, once I'm finished I will take a taxi from hotel to airport as it's only a 20min ride.

I will be there on a Monday and Tuesday.

Thank you Marty

Elaine

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A couple of questions please?

Elaine,

I will make a few calls and get estimate for you this is a good question and many TA people probably need the information also. There are rules as to Taxis from AR to BR. I know an AR taxi may take you from the AR airport to downtown Foz, but cannot take a fare in BR to AR. I will get you some information and post for you hopefully this afternoon.

Marty

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: A couple of questions please?

Most appreciated Marty, please do not go out of your way if it proves to be too much hassle!

Thanks

Elaine

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A couple of questions please?

Elaine,

No problem. It is lunch time and Carnival so my contacts are driving or celebrating. Have a call into one man now and will talk with others sometime today. I ill try to get all the options I can. Anyway it keeps me from having to go cut the garden in the heat.

Marty

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: A couple of questions please?

Marty

Excellent, glad I could contribute for you to not have to be in the garden in the heat. Wish I had that problem here :).

How could I forget its carnival!

Speak to you soon Marty and enjoy the rest of the day if we don't speak again today!

Elaine

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A couple of questions please?

Elaine,

You may take a AR taxi to downtown Foz with AR taxi and back with a BR taxi for around U$50.00 each way.

Another option is the van I mentioned which will pick you up at IGR, take you to AR Falls with a English speaking driver and wait for you with your luggage, then to the Foz hotel for U$ 100.00. These are todays rates and may increase or decrease depending on the value of the Real.

Hope this gives you an idea

Marty

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: A couple of questions please?

Hi Marty

Thanks for getting back to me. This may sound stupid, is this Brazilian or us dollers?

You have been very helpful Marty and by the sounds of it I may as well just hire the driver to save time.

Thank you

Elaine