We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling by car or Taxi from IGR to IGU

San Jose, California
1 post
Save Topic
Traveling by car or Taxi from IGR to IGU

Hello!

I am flying into IGR in Argentina in the morning, and hoping to spend the day viewing the falls on the Argentina side and then traveling across the border to stay in Foz in Brazil. We're hoping to spend the next morning exploring the Brazilian side of the falls and then fly out of IGU.

Can anyone advise on the best way to do this? Is there a car rental place that lets you rent a car at IGR in Argentina and return it at IGU in Brazil? Are there any difficulties when crossing the border in a rented vehicle?

If we can't rent a car, is there a way to explore the falls on the Argentina side and brazilian side with our luggage?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
5,387 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling by car or Taxi from IGR to IGU

I will need to check for you as to the AR airport. I know you can rent from 3 or 4 companies at the Foz airport but due to insurance you might not be able to cross to AR. Avis, Hertz, Lociza are on the airport in Brazil.

I will call in the agencies in the morning to see. But I know you can rent in BR.

What month will you be coming?

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
5,387 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling by car or Taxi from IGR to IGU

I checked with IGU and they have major rental cars but the insurance does not cover crossing into another country. (Same as to BR rentals.)

I know of drivers that do pick up and take you to the falls while watching your luggage. Depending on the number of people it may be best to take a taxi from IGR to falls and put the luggage in lockers. Then another taxi to BR lodging.

If you need a 15 passage fan and want it to wait please let me know.

3. Re: Traveling by car or Taxi from IGR to IGU

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 06:16