We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing equipment rental/ classes

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Surfing equipment rental/ classes

I am trying to make my estimated budget and would really appreciate it if anyone can give me some idea of prices for:

Surfing classes

Surf equipment rentals

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
190 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing equipment rental/ classes

Hey man,

I hope somebody from Recife can answer you. I know Rio , but not Recife. I know the waves are strong, and bigger in Brasil than U.S. , so it is not a good place to learn for a beginner in my opinion. Bom viagem cara!

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing equipment rental/ classes

Here is some internet contact info you might find helpful.

Escola de Surf Atahalley – Porto de Galinhas e Maracaípe. Tel:: 9699-9549 and 8763-1991.

…wordpress.com/2008/…

Escola de Surf Marroquim – Porto de Galinhas. Tel: 9246-8963 ou 9121-1261. www.marroquimsurf.com.br/

BoardCenter, tel: (81) 8791-0018 lessons, rental, repairs, www.boardcenter.com.br ,ratofernandes@hotmail.com

Escolinha de Surf da Missao Surfistas de Cristo

Porto das Galinhas - PE tel” (81) 96048303/ Alexandre / e-mail:wavegrip@hotmail.com

Escola do surf Ipojuca http://www.panoramio.com/photo/35605696

lineupexplorers.com/surf/…Portode-Galinhas

Article:

Surfing in PdG: …wordpress.com/category/porto-de-galinhas/

You are likely to find that surf conditions in the northeast, esp. where many areas have reefs, vary significantly from Rio city beaches.

The travel information volunteered by certain posters is surpassed only by the remarkable Portuguese language ability that has been repeatedly flaunted here on TA.

Edited: 27 October 2010, 16:39
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfing equipment rental/ classes

Thanks so much Cantarelli. I was struggling so much to find information like this :)

Unfortunately a lot of the links seem broken - I'm hoping I'll have better luck with telephone or email. But it's definitely a starting point for which I am grateful :)

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Surfing equipment rental/ classes

Thanks finaljustice - I am hoping the Porto De Galinhas area having reef systems would be better for learning :) If not it's OK I am still going to have fun - I've decided! lol

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Surfing equipment rental/ classes

Re "broken" links.....here are a couple more links about one of the schools:

http://ctmarroquimsurf.blogspot.com/

www.surfguru.com.br/noticias/noticia.asp…

Do all the Brazilian beginners come to the U.S. to learn? :-)

Edited: 28 October 2010, 00:55
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Surfing equipment rental/ classes

Hi.

I was wondering if you had found a good place? I am going in january/february and have been thinking about finding a place myself to learn how to surf.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Surfing equipment rental/ classes

If you're not dead set on Porto de galinhas, consider these in Bahia:

http://www.easydrop.com/

surfcampholidays.com/brazil_surfing/bahia_su…

wavepals.com/surf-in-brazil/surf-camp-bahia.…

nomadsurfers.com/en/…77.html

surfcampholidays.com/brazil_surfing/itacare_…

8. Re: Surfing equipment rental/ classes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2011, 05:17