We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brazil - Rio - ????? - Iguazu Falls help

London, Canada
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Brazil - Rio - ????? - Iguazu Falls help

I am a solo female traveller and I do not speak Spanish or Portugese. I would prefer to travel independently in Brazil and avoid an organized tour. I have a month in South America (Brazil, Chile, Argentina and maybe Paraguay and Uraguay). I am looking at three different routes between Rio and Iguazu and I am not sure if I can easily travel between these places (in terms of safety and the language barrier). I would appreciate any comments on the foloowing routes:-

Option 1:-

Rio - by bus to Paraty - by bus to Sao Paulo - fly to Iguaszu.

Rio - Sao Paulo (probably a fligth) - fly to Iguazu

Rio - fly to Iguazu.

Is Sao Paulo and Paraty must sees? What are my best transport options between the three cities? I would like to book everything in advance before leaving home(ie, flights/bus tickets/hotels, etc)

I do not care for the beach but like historic sights.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Salvador
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Brazil - Rio - ????? - Iguazu Falls help

If you don't like beaches, you might prefer to go to one or two of the Colonial towns in Minas Gerais state, like Ouro Preto, more extensive than Paraty. You can go by bus from Rio or fly to Belo Horizontr and bus 2 hours.

Salvador
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brazil - Rio - ????? - Iguazu Falls help

If you don't like beaches, you might prefer to go to one or two of the Colonial towns in Minas Gerais state, like Ouro Preto, more extensive than Paraty. You can go by bus from Rio or fly to Belo Horizontr and bus 2 hours.

São Paulo/Brazil
Level Contributor
292 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brazil - Rio - ????? - Iguazu Falls help

That´s a good idea

Rio - by bus to Paraty - by bus to Sao Paulo - fly to Iguaszu.

4. Re: Brazil - Rio - ????? - Iguazu Falls help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 18:41