We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Rio GIG Aiport to Buzios

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Rio GIG Aiport to Buzios

Hi all,

What are our options to get to Buzios from Rio airport (and back again)?

We think they are;

1. Bus - how far away is the bus station from the airport and how do we get there

2. Taxi/Private Car - how much would this roughly cost for 4 people plus luggage?

3. Van - again how much and how do we go about getting one?

Thanks.

Frizz

Mentioned in this post
Buzios Beach Resort
Buzios Beach Resort
542 Reviews
Armacao dos Buzios, RJ
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transfer from Rio GIG Aiport to Buzios

Hi, yes we can do that however it is far more expensive that arranging the coach!

We could take the bus but for a bit extra the coach option sounded like a good compromise rather than arranging the private transfer.

Frizz

12. Re: Transfer from Rio GIG Aiport to Buzios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 July 2009, 21:35
Small stage, small...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transfer from Rio GIG Aiport to Buzios

When we go to Buzios we generally take the bus which costs about R$30 and takes about two and a half hours to get there. The rodoviaria is about twenty minutes from the airport and a bus to get there is pretty cheap (I do not recall the exact amount as it has been some time since I had to take a bus from the airport - having friends in Rio eliminates the airport bus). The fees for vans like MisterTour are about twice as much as the bus, and in my opinion are not really all that different. As has been mentioned, the vans will wait until they get a reasonably full load, so depending on if you are first or last, you could wind up waiting a while or it mkay be express service. Private cars/taxis are generally around R$325 or so, and I have never used one (other than riding to Buzios with friends). Given the price differential and the fact that there are frequent bus trips to Buzios, the regular bus has been my option most of the time. Never had a problem with them and the stop is just at the edge of the central part of Buzios. Lots of taxis and freelance "travel agents" at the bus stop to help you find a pousada if you don't already have one, or take you to yours.

Mentioned in this post
Buzios Beach Resort
Buzios Beach Resort
542 Reviews
Armacao dos Buzios, RJ
Puerto Varas, Chile
Level Contributor
2 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Transfer from Rio GIG Aiport to Buzios

Well... I booked for transfer from Mister Tours to and from Buzios to Rio International Airport and we had a THREE HOUR wait at the airport parking place after we were settled in the bus. Apparently they were waiting to complete the bus' capacity with people from another flight. The trip itself from Rio to Buzios lasts three hours, so the bus ride was miserable and got us to a very bad start.

They are the major agency though, but they don't treat people that well...

Mentioned in this post
Mister Tours
Mister Tours
351 Reviews
Armacao dos Buzios, RJ
Buzios Beach Resort
Buzios Beach Resort
542 Reviews
Armacao dos Buzios, RJ
15. Re: Transfer from Rio GIG Aiport to Buzios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Armacao dos Buzios