We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buzios Honeymoon: What should we do!?

New York City, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buzios Honeymoon: What should we do!?

We're heading to Buzios in early October for our honeymoon, I'd love to hear suggestions on what to do other than the Rua de Pedras. What should we absolutely not miss? What did you do or find that was really unique? We don't mind going off the beaten path. What beaches should we make sure we see? And, what will the temperature be like?

Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Buzios Honeymoon: What should we do!?

First off, an early PARABENS on you marriage! Buzios is a place that is has transformed from a fishing village to a tourist destination. The main attraction here for many folks are the beaches, while others come primarily for the nightlife, which definitely includes Rua das Pedras. Depending on what kind of beach experience you like will determine which beaches are most enjoyable for you - more or less people, more or less waves, more or less infrastructure, warmer or cooler water, there are many different beaches with different combinations of these factors. Buzios has taxiboats which can take you to many of the beaches on the north side of the peninsula, which is a fairly unusual way to get around. Very nice on days without significant waves or chop. If you dive, there are some operators who can take you out diving for the day. Whale and dolphin watching may be something you would be interested in, and in nearby Arrial do Cabo it is common for people to see whales and/or dolphin on their boat excursions. You can get a half day guided dune buggy tour of Buzios where you may be shown beaches and trails that are overlooked (or unknown) by many visitors. Early October is still the low season here, so you will not have to contend with large crowds, as are common in January and February. You will be coming in spring, and it is likely to be warm but not hot. I would not want to venture a rain forecast for some ten weeks from now. It all depends on the weather fronts. And do not overlook Rua das Pedras simply because it is talked about a lot, it is the center of night time activity, although the evenings activities and restaurants are not limited to Rua das Pedras. There are many different restaurants in Buzios, so selecting some that you will like will depend on what kind of food you enjoy the most, what kind of atmosphere you want and what your budget is. Similarly, there are a lot of different types of bars. Hopefully whatever pousada or hotel you have booked will have someone who can communicate with you - either by your speaking portuguese or their speaking english. It will make it much easier for you. The longer you plan on being here, the easier it will be to sample the variety that the area has to offer. Once again congradulations,

New York City, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Buzios Honeymoon: What should we do!?

Wow! Thank you for this--very thoughtful of you and thank you for the congratulations!

One thing I didn't understand--what did you mean about the rain forecast and rainy season? Are we going at a bad time?

Edited: 12 August 2010, 18:32
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Buzios Honeymoon: What should we do!?

whoa... tranquillo.. I do not know what I said about the "rainy season" but all I meant to say about the weather is that I will not hazard a guess as to what the weather will be on any given day in October. Ten weeks from now is a long time. I can hardly predict what will happen tonight or tomorrow - and that is with looking at the satelite pictures from weather.com October is not a generally rainy time, in reality, Buzios does not receive a lot of rain. Relax, you will find Buzios a wonderful place for your honeymoon. Lots of nice beaches, friendly folks, adequate nightlife, a pretty location... what more could you want?

4. Re: Buzios Honeymoon: What should we do!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Armacao dos Buzios