We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Buzio Beach?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Which Buzio Beach?

My husband likes to boggie board. Which beach is the best for this? I read somewhere Brava Beach. Are there any others? I love to snorkel and would love to see some nice coral or seahorses and exotic underwater life? Any Ideas which beach would be good for that? Do I need to take a boat tour? We will only be there 2 days. thanks Ruby

DUS
Level Contributor
597 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Buzio Beach?

Hi,

good for snorkeling is any beach with a bit rocky ends.

buziosonline.com.br/home/…ppraias.cfm

Scroll down to map, and see all beaches ("praias") marked by name. Go for a try at any beach with sketched "green" hills at their ends (e.g. Ferradura-Ferradurinha).

For boogie boarding I would go for Geribá in Buzios's southern part, and Brava in the East, while at Ferradura and Manguinhos Beach, the water is often rather calm.

For great snorkel, you may want to think about a guided boat tour to some great outer spots at ship wrecks, or Âncora Island 6 mi out of Buzios, as provided from the Diving Operators.

You are 2 days only at Buzios. Next time check out Cabo Frio as well, both great snorkeling and surfing.

Enjoy your trip!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Buzio Beach?

Thanks, I am super excited. We have been to Rio twice but never to Buzio's.

Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Buzio Beach?

Hey Ruby,

Brava is certainly one of the better surf beaches in Buzios. As you can see by the map in the prior response, Brava faces pretty much due east, so if the ocean energy os coming from the east it can be a decent break. The other alternative is Geriba. It faces pretty much south. Thus, there is an alternative when the energy is arriving from the south. Buzios does not have a good surf beach to the north. The beaches on the north side of the peninsula tend to be quite a bit calmer. This site may help surf-forecast.com/breaks/…six_day when you are here.

As far as snorkeling goes, there is a patch reef in front of Joao Fernandes that is said to be one of the most diverse collections of coral in Brasil (other than that available at Fernando de Noronha), plus it is fairly calm water. Ferradurinha, Azeeda and Brava all have pretty decent snorkeling as well.

Once again, water conditions may dictate your choice.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Buzio Beach?

Thanks,

I would love to see coral so will try to book a hotel close to Joao Fernandes. Our mother in law is coming with us and is older so still having trouble finding a hotel. We are going to share a room to save some money. Not sure if we are looking too early or if everything is booked up due to the holiday.

buzios
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Buzio Beach?

Hi,

You would do better to consider a pousada or hotel near the center than out at Joao Fernandes. In the evening you will be going to the center, and if you are concerned about your mother in law's ability to walk, you will probably need to take a taxi back to the pousada. During the day, you can get a water taxi to Joao Fernansez or any beach on the north side of the peninsula, which will have calmer water and probably better for your mother in law to swim. There are many options for hotels/pousadas that can accomodate three persons, some of which are central and do have reasonable rates. Just look at the reviews and rankings here on tripadvisor - both for hotels and pousadas. You do not say when you will be going there, but you mention holiday and many of the pousadas and hotels only work with packages for holidays. Unfortunately, many of the packages are three night minimums or more, depending on the holiday. Central is the way to go or you may find that a pousada or hotel in Joao Fernandes has a "hiddden" cost of the evening taxis.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Buzio Beach?

Thanks for the info. We will be there Oct 25 and 26th.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Buzio Beach?

Joao Fernandes corners (both) are the best and easier places to do that.

But you may experinece good sealife at Azeda beach too.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Buzio Beach?

Thanks everyone.. Buzio's was wonderful. I wish we could have stayed longer. I didn't get to snorkel at all becuase the weather had been bad a few days before. We still really loved it.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Buzio Beach?

Thanks for your feedback, RubyRieke!

If possible, keep helping us at the Buzios Forum!

10. Re: Which Buzio Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Armacao dos Buzios