We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rio and Buzios during Carnaval 2012

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Rio and Buzios during Carnaval 2012

I am interested in visiting both Rio and Buzios in February 2012 during Carnaval for approximately 17 days, but I am not sure if I should go to Buzios first or Rio. I will be travelling with a girlfriend.

Thank you.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,247 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rio and Buzios during Carnaval 2012

Hi Marklar!

Thanks! You are welcome!

Here are two good options. Hurry up!

Big hotel, a bit impersonal, but comfortable and at unbeateble location. Due to the great number of rooms, your chances are quite reasonable to get one! http://www.atlanticobuzios.com.br/pt-br/

Vila d´este is on the top of a small hill also at a foot distance of Rua das Pedras. More intimate atmosphere. Try that one before if you are travelling as a couple.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,247 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rio and Buzios during Carnaval 2012

There are many other options, indeed closer to the Rua das Pedras, but, by personal experience, I´d say, by now, that these ones are very interesting.

The problem of being right in the middle of the Rua das Pedras is that you may face problems with noise! The two above mentioned are close to the main night attractions (bars, restaurants, also at a foot distance of my favorite beach to chill (Praia Azeda) and are in calm and relatively silent locations.

Good lucky!

Please feel free to send a feedback to us in the future.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Rio and Buzios during Carnaval 2012

thank you for your feedback Gusdali. we would have booked vila d'este but unfortunately the 3rd night is unavailable to us because that is the start date of their FIVE night minimum for carnaval!! the only "nice" hotel i've found though too pricy for the 3 nights is cachoeira inn which is rated #1 on this website for inns/B &B's. Thoughts on that one or its location? i also posted a separate question too.

it may be more worth it just to stay in buzios for 2 nights and stay at vila d'este.

buzios
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Rio and Buzios during Carnaval 2012

You will probably want to be NEAR the center and Rua das Pedras, but I would not recommend that you select a pousada IN the center. The noise at night will make sleeping impossible. There are many options quite close which are very good. I would recommend that you look for accomodations between the center and Ossos. This way, you will be in walking distance of the Center as well as most of the best beaches (Azeda/Azedinha, Joao Fernandes, Brava, Forno and a little longer walk but still easy is Ferradura). I prefer to stay on Morro dp Humaita where you will find many pousadas and hotels. Depending on your taste and budget you will probably be able to find something there. Buzios fills up for Carnaval, but not as completely full as Reveillon or Semana Santa. Scope out the better rated pousadas and hotels near the center - see which you like and send emails. You should be able to find something. One last piece of advice - many of the pousadas and hotels tell you that they speak English but communication can be a problem for anything other than basic issues. Check out what others have said about the language factor in the reviews, read the management responses etc to get a sense of how you will be able to communicate with the staff.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,247 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Rio and Buzios during Carnaval 2012

Yes, Marklar!

As Travellingfor said, Pousada Villa d'este is very well situated at the Morro do Humaitá, very close (walk distance) at the main attractions, as already said).

If you don't get anything else that fit your taste for that last day, you can also try to enjoy that day / night at the lively and vibrant Cabo Frio, a bigger seaside resort town next to Buzios on the way back to Rio.

There, due to a larger number of inns and hotels, your chances are greater to get a room and you can have fun and a good dinner at one of the interesting restaurants of the channel / pier area as well.

Just consider it is a much more urban destination than Buzios, with very beautiful beaches (what an amazing blue sea!), some good historical churches and sites, and a different, but also very good night life too (some folks use to say it is less charming, but also less touristy than Buzios).

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,247 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Rio and Buzios during Carnaval 2012

Another option is Arraial do Cabo, which is something completly different from Cabo Frio. Arraial is wilder, simpler and is a must for divers. The Pontal do Atalia area is my favorite, with some good "pousadas"(inns), some of then with amazing high views. The sunset there, at its sunset point and chilling out at one of the Prainhas do Pontal do Atalaia (beaches) is something unforgetable. On the other hand, Arraial's center area has not so much to offer. It seems to be lost in time, and remains a kind of fishermen's village with no historical or architectural interest.

Btw, for those who ask us about what to do in a longer period of stay in Buzios, such as 5 days... we always advise these two destinations (mainly the last one) for spending a different day.

17. Re: Rio and Buzios during Carnaval 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 06:42
Get answers to your questions about Armacao dos Buzios