We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in October - What hotel to pick?

Which Armacao dos Buzios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in October - What hotel to pick?

Spending the last five days in Buzios & need advice on which hotel to pick? Really want to treat ourselves.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in October - What hotel to pick?

My favorite ones in Buzios:

Pousada & Spa Pedra da Laguna (most charming and comfort, far from Rua das Pedras but closer to other wilder beaches).

Casas Brancas Boutique (best views, very good services and restaurant)

Vila d´Este (fine acommodation too, and is, among those, the one closer to Rua das Pedras, at a foot distance to the main attractions)

Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in October - What hotel to pick?

Thank you Gusdali for your help. I see that you are a fountain of knowledge with all your replies to people. Our whole trip plans on being 3 days in Buenos Aires on our own then join a tour for 9 days going from Buenos Aires to Falls then Rio.Last 5 days of the trip in Buzios. Have you any recommendations for Buenos Aires & Rio hotels ? Is Buzios really a cool place to chill ? good restaurant/bars ? Is Casas Brancas Boutique on the best beach ? Sorry I have a million and one questions popping into my head!!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in October - What hotel to pick?

3 days in BsAs is excellent. Enough to do everything.

My personal experience in Hotels in Buenos Aires (the most charming latin capital, a kind of south american Paris):

Howard Johnson Florida is in the quiter area of the emblematic pedestrian street of BsAs. For the first time, that is very interesting to stay there, due to its very central location. Good value for money.

Pestana Buenos Aires is at the main avenue (Av Carlos Peregrino is just the same as 9 de Julio) and it was my last acommodation some months ago. More comfortable but also more expensive than that above. The front rooms have great views. But Howard Johnson is in a slightly better location.

But, despite being in not such a central location, my favorite place to stay in BsAs was the 248 Finisterre, a boutique hotel in a kind of calm and trendy neighborhood, less touristy than the Palermo SoHo. It is in the Las Cañitas, a kind of London´s Nothing Hill, right at Calle Baeza (street), where the bar and restaurant scene of this quartier is very best. Las Cañitas is a kind of residential area close to Palermo Viejo (=Palermo SoHo). It is closer to Palermo SoHo than the other too. And just 20´by taxi to Florida area. http://www.248finisterra.com/ If you are in a honeymoon trip, invest in Finisterre!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in October - What hotel to pick?

In Rio, I´d suggest you to stay in Leblon or Ipanema.

One of the finer places is the "fashion" Hotel Fasano in Ipanema. It has a private balcony with amazing view, awesome common terrace and pool area and is right in front of the beach. Prepare your pocket!

Mercure Apartments Rio de Janeiro Leblon is much cheaper, just one block to Leblon beach (which is the beach next to Ipanema) and right in the middle of the excellent bar / restaurant night scene of Leblon, my favorite neighborhood in Rio. Attention, because it is a kind of apart-hotel, with comfortable room and living spaces, but not so elegant as Fasano.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in October - What hotel to pick?

Lisa, please!

Post something at Rio forum or check this (not so old) post out:

tripadvisor.com/…37590367

tripadvisor.com/…37590328

Btw: Sofitel Copacabana is a very interesting option too.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in October - What hotel to pick?

I asked you to post something in Rio forum in order to hear some further tips of other contributors as well.

But most of it, posted by these days are in the topics above.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in October - What hotel to pick?

Answering your other questions:

Yes, Buzios is amazing, an excellent place to chill out and perfect for honEy moon too. Just pay attention to the dates - because all the romantism can go away if you land there in the very high season, when the crowds will definetly damage your experience. Let us know about that (sometimes, a local holiday can be right on the week of your trip).

Casas Brancas is not on the best beach, but it turns its beach one of the best.

My favorite beaches in Buzios are Azeda beach (very small, so, impossible on holidays´ time), and the hidden Ferradurinha beach, both excellent to chill out and Geriba beach for surfing and to see and be seen (in front of a beach bar called Gravatas).

But there many other very beautiful and interesting ones such as Joao Fernandes, Ferradura, Forno, Foca, Brava, Manguinhos (windy, good for windsurfing and kitesurfing), Tucuns (wild and desert).

Much to explore!

8. Re: Honeymoon in October - What hotel to pick?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Armacao dos Buzios