We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of Honeymoon in Buzios in November 2012

London
14 posts
Save Topic
End of Honeymoon in Buzios in November 2012

My fiancee and I are planning to end our honeymoon in Buzios following a fairly active 15 day tour in Argentina, Patagonia and a couple of nights in Buenos Aires.

We had hoped to find an all-inclusive luxury resort somewhere in Brazil where we could have paid up front so that we didn't have to worry about the cost of cocktails etc at the end of our honeymoon, however it would appear that this is not the norm in Brazil!

So, we're looking at 5 nights in Villa d'este, Buzios and I'm after some advice about:

The weather in November (will I able to lie on a sun lounger comfortably in the sun?)

The cost of drinks food etc in Buzios - it sounds expensive!

Any advice or thoughts from anyone who's stayed in Villa d'este or suggestions of a better hotel for 2 honeymooners who will by then be very much in need of a good cocktail or 2 and a rest!

Thanks

buzios
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: End of Honeymoon in Buzios in November 2012

The weather in Buzios during November tends to be quite good for the beach. Average highs are in the high 70's almost 80 and the night time lows are around 70. November tends to have some rain, but not a lot and the rain tends to pass quickly as there are no mountains etc to grab the clouds and hold them like Rio.

You say you are going to stay at Vila D'este but are concerned about the costs of food and drink. A little bit of a tension there as Vila D'este tends to be one of the more expensive places to stay in Buzios. You can easily find other accomodations that are much less expensive and still quite nice, thus allowing for a more relaxed attitude about food and drink costs. I have no idea what your budget is, or how important things like an ocean view from the hotel or pousada are to you. I do not know if you are looking for a smaller pousada where the interaction with owners is important or if you want something along the lines of a larger but somewhat less personal place.

My first time in Buzios I started at Vila D'Este and it is very nice but I felt it was a bit overpriced for what I got. I did not spend a lot of time there and found I was on the beach almost all day, so the view of the ocean from the hotel became less important to me. I wanted to stay a few days longer than I originally planned and found a pousada across the street for about half the price, with rooms that were just about as nice, but did not have a sea view. Had I known from the start, I would have stayed there the whole time. Nice garden, relatively big pool, calm and peaceful, friendly english speaking staff (owner really), just a lot to recommend it.

London
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: End of Honeymoon in Buzios in November 2012

Thanks for your reply, weather sounds better than I expected in November so that's good!

Of the 3 hotels our agent came up with Villa D'este was considered the best value for money as we had asked them for something a little bit special for the end of our honeymoon - we're doing quite a bit of trekking and camping in Argentina & Patagonia beforehand so were hoping for a really nice hotel - I'm not sure from your post that Villa D'este will meet this requirement, what do you think? is there somewhere else you would say is more what we're looking for! The hotel in Buzios is supposed to be our Honeymoon treat :-)

We're not so worried about paying reasonable money up front for a real treat at the end of our Honeymoon we can plan for that. What concerns us more is that when we get there we will have already been away for 2.5 weeks and so want to know we have enough money to really kick back and enjoy ourselves in Buzios, it appears that lots of people say it's expensive for food and drink so if we book it we're keen to know what it's going to cost us!

Salvador
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: End of Honeymoon in Buzios in November 2012

There are, of course, also the luxury properties of Ponto dos Ganchos (in Santa Catarina, more south if coming from Argentina), Kiaroa, Nannai, Txai, and Pestana Angra (also near Rio) for honeymooners in search of "a treat". Perhaps you'd consider doing more research? Also in Buzios, Casas Brancas. Or in Morro do Sao Paulo (2 hours by catamaran from Salvador), the Villa dos Corais, or Patechocas or Vila dos Orixas.

London
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: End of Honeymoon in Buzios in November 2012

Wow thanks for the additional info YiC_2_12

We're definitely up for doing more research - do you have a favourite?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: End of Honeymoon in Buzios in November 2012

My favorite ones in Buzios are:

1) Casas Brancas Boutique Hotel & Spa

2) Pousada Vila D' Este

3) Abracadabra Pousada

By the way, November is an excellent time to come... not that crowd, not that heat, but still the summer´s smell and atmosphere!

Dublin
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: End of Honeymoon in Buzios in November 2012

Hi,

I am currently planning our honeymoon and we are ending our honeymoon in Buzios. We are looking for exactly what you described some luxury at the end of our trip.

Would you recommend Buzios? Where did you stay?

My other concern is we are planning to be there at the beginning of January which will be really busy.

Thanks

Orla

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: End of Honeymoon in Buzios in November 2012

Orla,

It will be, in fact, a bit busy during summer holidays, but it is worth the stay.

Casas Brancas would be my first choice if a romantic setting is the goal.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: End of Honeymoon in Buzios in November 2012

Casas Brancas would be my choice as well.

9. Re: End of Honeymoon in Buzios in November 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2013, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Armacao dos Buzios