We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

service and ease of communication in buzios

Armacao dos Buzios...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
service and ease of communication in buzios

I am curious to get opinions here about different pousadas or hotels in terms of the ease of communication with them as I do not speak portuguese, only english. I am planning on going to Buzios in the next month or so, and have found that when I have traveled to other places having a hotel where I could communicate made a huge difference.

Which are the hotels or pousadas where people have found that there is at least one person there who can speak english and who seems to know where to go and what to do?

Which of the hotels or pousadas seem to give good service - you know, helping with making connections, good recommendations for restaurants, instructions on how to get to the different beaches, that sort of thing.

Thanks in advance!!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: service and ease of communication in buzios

Casas Brancas -http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g303492-d312114-Reviews-Casas_Brancas_Boutique_Hotel_Spa-Buzios_State_of_Rio_de_Janeiro.html

Insólito Hotel - tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g303492-d122992…

Armacao dos Buzios...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: service and ease of communication in buzios

Hi Jeff, I'm in Buzios now and speak fluent portuguese.

There are plenty of pousadas with prices ranging from R$80 ( $40 usd)

The is a pousada in Geriba, Buzios advertizing R$120 for 2 weekend nights

or 3 weekdays nights. Thus only R$40 to R$60 per night ( $20-$30 USD ).

Feel free to contact me via email or Skype. Skype name: kitemare.com

For email , use the above skype name and add jeff@

Will probably be around Buzios / Cabo Frio until June 30 or so.

Before your trip, be sure to pick up the Brazilian-Portugues / English Lonely planet Phrase book. Makes things easy. Yiu just read the english phonetics to pronounce portuguese words. Great book!

Happy to help if I can. Jeff W.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: service and ease of communication in buzios

I agree with Sodre; Casas Brancas is also my favorite, beside other two.

1) Casas Brancas Boutique Hotel & Spa

2) Pousada Vila D' Este

3) Abracadabra Pousada

4. Re: service and ease of communication in buzios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:42
Get answers to your questions about Armacao dos Buzios