We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buzios in august

kris9718
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
buzios in august

hi,

I am traveling to brazil at the beginning of august with my 2 friends (We are single in our early 30s). I am thinking of spending 3 to 4 days in rio then coming up to buzios for maybe 3 more nights. It seems the weather will be fairly warm, but will we still be able to find decent nightlife even though its low season? would it be better to be there on a weekend?

I am also looking for something along the coast (and bus line) for 2 days in between--wanted something a little off the beaten path, a smaller town, so i was looking at saquareme and couldnt find much info about the town. any help on that would be appreciated also!

Thanks!

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
729 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buzios in august

Surely by the beginning of August Buzios won't be crowded at all, maybe on the weekends.

Besides Buzios, I'll try to visit the seaside city of Arraial do Cabo, less than an hour from Buzios by bus, with the bus company VIACAO 1001. Where I'll stay one day at least to see fantastic beaches and a schooner tour to the "Gruta Azul"(Blue cave) in the sea. Then I'll take the 1001 bus, to stay the whole day in Saquarema and back to Rio.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buzios in august

Kris,

I confirm your suspection: Buzios in August should be visited from Thursday to Sunday in order to experience a livelier night scene.

About the other spot to be visited in a more relaxed pace, I would recommend you to schedule a full day at the amazing Arraial do Cabo being based on Buzios as already stated by Viajante.

Saquarema is a cool surf spot but it is, unfortunately, a bit decadent in terms of tourism structure and I guess it would not be that good for you.

If you don´t mind about travel a bit more, Paraty, on the opposite direction (about 300km from Rio and 450km from Buzios) would be very suitable for your purpose of chilling out with the advantage of being in a historical and very beautiful seaside town.

3. Re: buzios in august

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Armacao dos Buzios