We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Rio to Buzios during Carnival

atlanta
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel from Rio to Buzios during Carnival

Hi fellow travellers:

will be in Rio during Carnival but staying out in Buzios because we could not find a reasonable place to stay in Rio and we are coming from a cruise so we will be departing from the cruise terminal.

What is the best way to get from the cruise terminal to Buzios and also are there tours or buses that can take you back into Rio to see the Carnival. We would like to at least spend a day in Rio.

If anyone has any info about this or have done this before, please let me know.

thanks

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Rio to Buzios during Carnival

From the cruise terminal take a taxi to the main Rio bus terminal (Rodoviária Novo Rio) - it is just a 5 minutes ride and no more than R$ 15 - There are many public regular buses and even the "classical" line 2018 (R$ 12 per person) can let you there, but, as it is too close, it is worth to grab a cab.

Since you arrive at Rodoviária, go to the company 1001´s official counter right at the ground floor and buy your tickets. www.viacao1001.com.br I really think it would be better to have it purchased in advance because it will be the very high season.

To visit Rio in only one day (not worthwhile in my opinion but...), contact one of the following transfer / torurist agencies in order to book a one day tour (and maybe the parade experience as well): www.trixrentacar.com.br www.mistertours.com.br www.maliziatour.com.br www.venturiniviagens.com

London
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Rio to Buzios during Carnival

N.B. The traffic between Rio & Buzios will be horrific during carnival!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Rio to Buzios during Carnival

Cachaceiro remembered me why I usually do not recommend side trips from Buzios to Rio, which I consider even a "tourist trap".

Firstly because Rio, by itself, deserves at least a 4 full days stay.

And second beacuse what happens in that kind of "go and come back faster tours" is that the tourist stays more time inside the bus (and in the middle of traffic jams) than experiencing the city.

atlanta
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Rio to Buzios during Carnival

Thank you! This is very helpful...i'm starting to 'rethink' trying to get to Rio from Buzios....sounds like it will be too much. But we really wanted to see Carnival in Rio, just couldn't get a hotel there for 3 days. We'll...i'll keep checking around.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,247 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Rio to Buzios during Carnival

I´d definetly stay all the days in Buzios and let Rio for another opportunity.

Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Rio to Buzios during Carnival

If you really want to do the Rio Carnaval and Buzios, you might consider going to Rio after the "official" Carnaval for the Sambadrome show of the parade of champions. It is considerably less expensive and you get to see the top samba schools. Their energy and drive may be slightly less, but it is still a great show. All night. Get the bus to Rio from Buzios during the mid-day, chill a little and go to the sambadrome in the evening - for the all night show and then either stay in Rio or come back to Buzios. you may find it easier to get a room in Rio after the official Carnaval days. Going to Rio from Buzios and returning the same day does inolve too much travel time.

Paul

Pousada Saint Germain

7. Re: Travel from Rio to Buzios during Carnival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Armacao dos Buzios