We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Island Experience, Ilha Grande

Vancouver
2 posts
Save Topic
The Island Experience, Ilha Grande

Has anyone been to "The Island Experience" in Ilha Grande? I am planning a trip down there in August and wondered if anyone had any advice, tips, precautionary or otherwise. Thanks in advance.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
683 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Island Experience, Ilha Grande

I just checked out the web site and it looks pretty cool.

I'm sure it will be a great experience. The island is beautiful and there is plenty to do in a week with outdoor and spa activities.

One tip for you though. There will be plenty of insects/mosquitoes around the island. Take some repellant. I have also been told by some that if you take B-12 vitamin, twice a day for two weeks before, the bugs will stay clear of you.

Please post a review after you get back so everyone can hear about it!

Wonderful Copenhagen
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Island Experience, Ilha Grande

MoiAussi, you will have the time of your life. Ilha Grande is paradise and one can never get tired of it! Go for it and please, write a trip report when you come back!!

orange county
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Island Experience, Ilha Grande

I'm sorry this reply is so late, but you will LOVE The Island Experience!!! I went there for two weeks last year, and never wanted to come home. I'm going back again August 16th to Sept. 1st, so maybe I'll see you there! And don't worry about the bugs, it's winter there (I went the same time of year), and they weren't really around. Bring lots of clothes that dry out from hiking, and an extra pair of trail shoes, so you don't get blisters and hot spots for wearing the same pair every day. And there are no clocks in the room, so I was glad I brought my own alarm clock. Have a great trip!!!

4. Re: The Island Experience, Ilha Grande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 00:15