We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'd appreciate help with my itinerary!!!

new jersey
Level Contributor
87 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
I'd appreciate help with my itinerary!!!

I will arrive in Salvador on October 29th and will be in the country until November 14th. Because i have visited Salvador and Mauro de Sao Paulo before, I am trying to decide if I will travel to Boipeba for a few days to visit the beaches, or possibly fly to Recife and enjoy the beaches of the north since i have never been there. My question is whether I should go to Boipeba or maybe Porto de Galinhas and enjoy the beaches of the northeast? The 2nd part of my trip II will fly to Rio and I will be spend a few days in Buzios, which I love. My next question is whether I should spend my last 5 days on Ilha Grande or Paraty?

Thank you!

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
32 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'd appreciate help with my itinerary!!!

Ilha grande is "only" nature. Paraty is nature plus history and shops, bars, restaurants, etc.

I would go to both. (1:20 by bus -Angra to Paraty).

Edited: 10 October 2010, 02:53
new jersey
Level Contributor
87 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'd appreciate help with my itinerary!!!

thank you. Should I make Ilha Grande my base and take a day trip to Paraty or do it in reverse?

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
32 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'd appreciate help with my itinerary!!!

Ilha Grande you need at least 2 days.

I´d stay in Paraty, a 3 day itinerary:

first day go to Trindade (small village with 4 beaches- 30 km from Paraty ). Second day historic center, alambiques (cachaça) and waterfalls (pedra branca is the best) and a boat trip in the third day. Then you go to Ilha Grande, and stay 2 days. Don`t miss Lopes mendes beach, wonderfull.

Maragogi, AL
Destination Expert
for Maragogi, Maceio, Porto de Galinhas, Recife, Japaratinga, Tamandare, Costa dos Corais
Level Contributor
5,636 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'd appreciate help with my itinerary!!!

It's great to find someone who appreciates the variety of beaches in Brazil. Let me add one more to your list. Maragogi Alagoas is at the heart of Brazil's largest federally protected maritime environmental area - the APA Costa dos Corais. Here you will find over 100 kilometers of serene tropical beaches and reefs with fantastic natural pools. The season is perfect for those that want natural beauty without the saturation of wall to wall tourists. Staying outside the urban center means uncluttered access to these treasures and homelike personal service at one of the many inns, small hotels or large all inclusive resorts. I spend seven months a year here and never get tired of it. I fly into Recife and get a transfer in less than two hours to one of 15 or so beaches that are found in the Maragogi/Japaratinga area of the state of Alagaos.

new jersey
Level Contributor
87 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'd appreciate help with my itinerary!!!

thank you for the suggestion. so are you saying to by pass Porto de Galinhaus and stay in this area or should I take day trips from here?

Maragogi, AL
Destination Expert
for Maragogi, Maceio, Porto de Galinhas, Recife, Japaratinga, Tamandare, Costa dos Corais
Level Contributor
5,636 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'd appreciate help with my itinerary!!!

From Maragogi you can take day trips into Pernambuco. But, instead of Porto de Galinhas (except for shopping), my wife and I like Carneiros a closer beach that has tropical pools a good beach restaurant and fun atmosphere without being saturated. I would wait to do my shopping when visiting Recife or Maceió where you will find a great variety of excellent local arts and crafts at more competitive prices.

Once you redo your trip itinerary, post it again and let people comment. Obviously, I am always willing to follow up with more advice or comments. But, there are other opinions to take into account.

7. Re: I'd appreciate help with my itinerary!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2011, 07:40
Get answers to your questions about Ilha Grande