We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses: Rio --> Paraty and Paraty --> São Paulo

Denmark
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buses: Rio --> Paraty and Paraty --> São Paulo

We are four people who in the middle of october 2007 are travilling in Brazil. We are spending some time in Rio and are planning to go from there to Paraty.

I would like to know if anyone can give me advise on how to get from Rio to Paraty (and from there to São Paulo).

I know that it is cheap to go by bus, but I have not found any information of where you can take the buses - and how to buy the tickets...

And further how do you buy bus tickets from Paraty to São Paulo?

\Clemme

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
679 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses: Rio --> Paraty and Paraty --> São Paulo

From Rio to Paraty, you have to take Costa Verde bus (thats the only company that does this way). On their website - www.costaverdetransportes.com.br/linhas.html - you can check the schedule. I remember that the last bus is at 9 pm and it costs R$ 44 . You can buy the ticket directly on the Novo Rio bus station or in a travel agency in Ipanema at Rua Visconde de pirajá, 303/ 114 (I got mine there, it has a R$ 3 tax)

From Paraty to São Paulo, I believe it has many buses running all day long. I´d recomend looking for it when you arrive at the Paraty bus station.

I stayed at Casa do Rio Hostel - www.paratyhostel.com - very good, two blocks from the bus station and close to the historical center. Nice acomodations, good breakfast. Any questions about this lovely city let me know.

best,

Gabriela

Denmark
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses: Rio --> Paraty and Paraty --> São Paulo

Thank you, Gabriela, for your reply!

The travel agency you mentioned is very close to the hotel, that I have booked, so it is very nice :)

If you have taken the trip to Paraty yourself, do you know if the buses drive along the cost line or at the highway? And do you know how long it takes?

\Clemme

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
679 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses: Rio --> Paraty and Paraty --> São Paulo

Well, I travelled at night, on the last bus, so I couldnt see much! But I guess if you take the one that goes through Angra (says Parati via Angra), it will do most of the trip on the road that is along the coast. It takes 4 hours from Rio to Parati.

best,

Gabriela

4. Re: Buses: Rio --> Paraty and Paraty --> São Paulo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 01:17