We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to hotel shuttle?

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
1 post
Save Topic
Airport to hotel shuttle?

What is the best way and anticipated cost, to get from Rio International Airport to Copacabana Beach Hotels. Two people travelling. Thanks for your help

DJ
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to hotel shuttle?

There are three options:

1) REAL bus which costs about 5USD and stops at several hotels in Copa, just tell them where you are going and they will add you to the list.

2) Pre-paid taxis run about 30-40 USD. You buy a voucher for the cab at a booth right as you exit customs, give it to the driver and off you go. No hassles, no chance of being ripped off, simple.

3) Taxi at your risk. Cost is between 20-40 USD, depending on your driver. You tell him where you're going and pay the fare on the meter when you arrive. Can be cheaper, but you are in less control than when pre-paid. Many people who do not speak Portuguese have had good experiences without pre-paying.

New York
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to hotel shuttle?

quick follow up question :

option 1. is the bus only for Copa or also hotels in Leblon ?

New York
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to hotel shuttle?

They must have a bus to Ipanema and Leblon, but I always stay near Copa.

Houston-Lisbon-Rio...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to hotel shuttle?

Greetings,

DJ gave you a great, comprehensive run-down of airport to hotel transfer options.

You could also check to see if your hotel offers an airport transfer service.

If the hotel does offer a car service, then you can be pretty certain that it will cost more than the Radio Taxis (which is what I usually opt for). Expect to spend between $50 to $60 dollars US each way for hotel car service.

Safe travels to you!

George B.

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
138 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to hotel shuttle?

Actually I think the bus does not stop at the hotels, you have to tell the driver where you wanna get out.

Here's the itinerary:

www.realautoonibus.com.br/intinerario.php…

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to hotel shuttle?

There is a new service called Rio Shuttle but I have yet to hear any comments from travellers.

It's similar to the service in most US cities, door to door kind of.

jose

New York
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to hotel shuttle?

just came back from Rio,

on the way to the hotel I used the Real Bus service at the airport. 6 Reais and dropped me off in front of the hotel. Perfect.

on the way back i simply took a cab.

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to hotel shuttle?

The Real bus goes from the Airport up to Barra da Tijuca.

It stops at each single hotel including the Rio International, departure each 30 minutes from the airport.

This new shuttle suggested by Jose, different to the R$ 6,00 (Real), costs R$ 10,00/ person, departure each 1 hour starting at 7am. It seems that it is really good and faster than Real.

US$ 1,00 = R$ 2,05.

All information about cabs above is correct.

J.

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to hotel shuttle?

I have tried going on the Real bus site to figure out which line goes to Barra da Tijuca every 30 min but I can't seem to find it..Does anhyone know the line number? I am leaving on Thursday, arriving Friday afternoon and would like to take the bus to our hotel Barra Windsor. The other option is simply to take a cab, I guess, not as cost effective however.

Long Beach
Level Contributor
68 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to hotel shuttle?

Jade-7, what is the name of the new shuttle service in Rio? I'd like to find their website to see if I can use it to get to Barra/Recreio from the airport.

Thanks!\

Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro