We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we stay Ipenema or Copacabana Beach?

Idaho
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Should we stay Ipenema or Copacabana Beach?

We are arriving Jan 8th or so and were wondering which beach we should stay on. We are (2) 30-35 year old couples. Then should we stay at Caesar Park or is there a better hotel. Or Cococabana Palace or somewhere else. For us this is a one time trip so price is not really an issue. Thank you in advance.

DJ
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we stay Ipenema or Copacabana Beach?

If this is a once of a lifetime trip, then stay in Ipanema. For all of the grand old glory the Palace has, I believe it has run its course, except for being the site of at least three conceptions by Mick Jagger.

If this were my only trip to Rio I would stay in Ipanema, without a doubt. The area is much nicer, the class of people a bit higher, slightly fewer criminals, and fewer prostitutes at night.

Idaho
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we stay Ipenema or Copacabana Beach?

where would you stay. Which is the finest hotel in the best location?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
679 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we stay Ipenema or Copacabana Beach?

there is a new hotel in Ipanema that I believe would suit your with to stay in a fancy place. Try the Fasano hotel, in Ipanema - http://www.fasanovieirasouto.com.br

Havent been there yet, but being a hotel designed by Phillip Stark, with fancy bars and restaurants by the beach, must be interesting to go!

best,

Gabriela

DJ
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we stay Ipenema or Copacabana Beach?

Caeser park is one of the best, I have some friend who stayed at Marina Palace and liked it. You could try the new Fasano, if price is not an object.

Most, if not all, of the hotels in Ipanema are good. Don't expect anything to knock your socks off, like a W or botique style hotel, but they will have good service, clean rooms, and all serve some type of buffet breakfast.

Idaho
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Should we stay Ipenema or Copacabana Beach?

Thanks! I am going to check out the new hotel right now and will let you know the prices. The caesar required email but it looks like a view room is $500 +/- a night

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Should we stay Ipenema or Copacabana Beach?

Hi,

I fully agree with PVBT. Only if you like the atmosphere of a hotel, than you should consider it.

Otherwise I would advise, to take a Penthouse and include a daily Breakfast Service with it.

I always book with www.riopenthouses.com and know they have some nice options.

Cheers!

London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Should we stay Ipenema or Copacabana Beach?

If money is no object then Caesar Park is the place to stay. However we stayed at the Hotel Praia Ipanema. All rooms have balconies. The most expensive room here is half the price of Caesars. It is wonderful to be able to to go out onto a balcony in the morning or at night and watch whats going on around the beach. It's not luxious but we enjoyed our stay there which was to celebrate my Wife's 50th. Birthday.

NYC
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Should we stay Ipenema or Copacabana Beach?

Fasano will be even more than that; but it is the "it" hotel of the moment there. So if you are a stickler for uber chic ultra modern design and money is no object than that's the place for you. (Though I'm not fully understanding those weird interpretive kidney shaped bathroom mirrors.)

I haven't checked it out in person yet; looking forward to it in two weeks. I'm sure Caesar Park is nice and all; I have never been in a room just the lobby, which to me looks like a glorified Marriot, I was a little suprised to hear their rates.

But I do share the above sentiments; you could rent a penthouse with your own private pool for what you would spend at either hotel.

9. Re: Should we stay Ipenema or Copacabana Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro