We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rio to Iguassa Falls

Cape Town
3 posts
Save Topic
Rio to Iguassa Falls

Hi again.

Is it feasible to travel from Rio to Iguassa? How long does this take? Rent a car or travel by bus? I'm gonna spend one week in Rio and the other week can be spent going to Iguassa or maybe an Amazon River cruise. Any opinions?

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
63 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rio to Iguassa Falls

I considered going to Igauzu Falls but didn't due to time constraints. Depending on your budget, you may also consider flying. There are a few local airlines that offer some competitve rates - gol and tam are the two I looked at.

From friends I have heard it is beautiful and good to see it on both the Brazil and Argentina side.

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rio to Iguassa Falls

Done navigation from Manaus to Belem in the Amazones both ways....not worthwhile. Horrible climate, nothing special to see, if interested for wildness , nature , etc, a national geographic movie is much better.

I would choose a plane to travel from Rio to Iguazu Falls, and stay in Iguazu and sorroundings for a week.

Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro