We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

upgrade seats at sambadrome for free

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Topic
upgrade seats at sambadrome for free

I got tickets to Sambadrome on Feb 14, section 7 row 1 or 2.

I got an email from Rick Sales Supervisor at Rio-Carnival.Net saying they overbooked the section where i'm sitting in. He offering tickets for Monday February 15 Sector 9, Rows 1 or 2 for free.

Should I take this deal?

São Paullo
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: upgrade seats at sambadrome for free

I think you should. Sector nine is cool and it by teh side of the batery retirement, it means the batery will stop by its side and keep play untill teh school get teh end of it show.

It an amazing experience!

Get it dude!

you cancheck the map through this link www.rio.rj.gov.br/riotur/images/34-2.jpg

see ya!

Edited: 30 January 2010, 15:06
Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: upgrade seats at sambadrome for free

Sector 9 is the tourist section, so the experience is likely to be different. Given your expressed timidity (at what can indeed seem a bit overwhelming, a first trip alone to Rio for Carnaval), it might actually be more comfortable for you. The first couple of rows will give a good close view. And as mentioned, the percussion section stops in an alcove right between sections 9 and 11. This can be good if you like the samba, but loud too. As far as Sunday or Monday, if you don't have a samba school you are rooting for, it makes not much difference which night you go. Have fun.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: upgrade seats at sambadrome for free

Good deal. I have a better oportunity of getting alot more pics. :)

memphis
Level Contributor
386 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: upgrade seats at sambadrome for free

I guess it's a matter of personal opinion. I would consider this a downgrade.

Not much "spirit" in sector 9 usually. Just a bunch of Jet lagged or Ship lagged tourists staring off into space like zombies.

Atlanta, Ga
Level Contributor
424 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: upgrade seats at sambadrome for free

Carnivalservice.com has done the same for me..only mine is for the Group A parade on Saturday...I normally get lower priced tickets for the Group A parade and splurge on the Special groups. I originally had sector 3 row C or D and now I have sector 9 row A. in the frisas Hopefully it will be towards the end furthest away from the drummers niche but the better view is appreciated.

Edited: 03 February 2010, 23:06
6. Re: upgrade seats at sambadrome for free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 05:16