We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tijuca National Park

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
307 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Tijuca National Park

Hi - planning to visit Corcovado first in the morning and then go to Tijuca National Park - I know there are a number of hikes - want to see the best bits with the waterfalls and great views - which trail should we take?

Then we would like to go to Sugar Loaf mountain - how far is it by taxi firstly between Corcovado and Tijuca and secondly onto Sugar Loaf.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tijuca National Park

Corcovado is considered to be IN Tijuca forest. The Cascatinha waterfall and the vista points are on paved roads. You can get a taxi driver, a private guide or a jeep tour (usually with a short hike included). IMO tourists should not be wandering through most trails in the forest itself unaccompanied, although there are some accessible from the Parque Lage.

From the base station of the train up to the Christ statue to the base station of the tram up Sugarloaf is probably 15 minutes by taxi.

Edited: 20 March 2010, 12:16
Glasgow
Level Contributor
307 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tijuca National Park

Thanks - will take a private jeep tour

Rome
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tijuca National Park

I recommend the Vista Chinesa panoramic point

corcovadocarservice.com.br/imagens/floresta.…

and the Pedra Bonita "jumping deck" to check out people flying off the mountains and landing in Sao Conrado's beach.

Unfortunately one of the other panoramic points in the park called Mesa do Imperador

corcovadocarservice.com.br/imagens/mesadoimp…

is "unavailable" until the park's administration will cut the top of the trees in front of it....(same problem in Parque do Penhasco/Dois Irmaos at the end of rua Aperana/Leblon...). The people at the prefeitura always answer my emails...so I will try to promote this action soon :-)

Another panoramic point ("mirante") in the park is called Andaime Pequeno but it's not on the same road as Vista Chinesa & Mesa do Imperador (which can be easily accessed from Jardim Botanico)

Edited: 22 March 2010, 09:27
4. Re: Tijuca National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro