We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will everything be back to normal by end of May? Help please

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
624 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Will everything be back to normal by end of May? Help please

i need to start booking soon. i still need to get a visa.

would you advice to go to Rio next month after all the flooding? Or should i find another south american city for now and just wait till my next vacation to go to Rio?

thanks

Rome
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will everything be back to normal by end of May? Help please

http://www.visiticeland.com/

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will everything be back to normal by end of May? Help please

Everything is almost back to normal in the areas where you'd go as a tourist. No need to worry, have a good time.

Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Will everything be back to normal by end of May? Help please

By the end of May, absent some other "event", Rio should certainly be back to normal in the areas you are likely to go as a tourist. At the end of May Brasil is in "baixa temporada" and costs everywhere are at the low season rates, with many vacancies. As such, you can easily change your plans on the go and simply visit areas that have not experienced difficulties IF there are still problems in Rio. Relax, get your visa and come on down!!

4. Re: Will everything be back to normal by end of May? Help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro