We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rio March 2011

Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Rio March 2011

Hi,

I'm looking for a good & safe hotel in Rio for two nights after carnival? we would like something on or close to the beach. (we are two young girls so looking for a very safe place)

Budget: 100 per night

Also what parts shouldnt we go to?

Cheers

Rome
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rio March 2011

100 what? Reais, Australian or US Dollars?

_________

Arpoador Inn, Atlantis Copacabana, Cristal Palace

www.hotelcristalpalace.com.br/site/index.php

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
114 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rio March 2011

$100 will not get you much, especially at carnaval time, unless you want to stay in a hostel. Or try the Rio Dolphin Inn which is a bed & breakfast type of place. I met the American guy who owns it who is a nice surfer guy, and it gets good reviews here on TA.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rio March 2011

$100 Au = R$163, which in Rio after Carnaval will get you a private double ensuite room in a hostel, or in a modest comfortable pousada like Margarida's (about $58-$93Au max) couple of blocks from the beach in Ipanema.

http://www.margaridaspousada.com/?page_id=8

Happy travels.

Atlanta, Ga
Level Contributor
425 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rio March 2011

All things considered I'd agree...Margarida's is your best bet.

memphis
Level Contributor
386 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rio March 2011

reviews of the cristal palace are for the most part horrible

6. Re: Rio March 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2011, 05:17