We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights advice...please..Rio...buenos aires...Iguassu Falls

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Flights advice...please..Rio...buenos aires...Iguassu Falls

Hi

travelling to Rio with a friend on 10th July for 2 weeks.....

we were wanting to go to Iguassu Falls but have now thought of possibly travelling to buenos aires as well...... so our idea was to

land in Rio and fly to buenos aires on the 11th, then fly to Iguazzu on 14 till the 16th or 17th and then back to Rio for the rest of our trip.....

i know its a whistle stop in places but working with our options...

one thing that is concerning me is the flights into Iguazu on the Argentina side and then out of Iguassu Falls on the Brazil side..... is this perfectly ok?? are the airports all of a similar difference away from the falls and easy enough to get etc??

also would it be best to land on the Argentina side and travel across and stay in a hotel on the Brazil side??

any help would be greatly appreciated...

thank you....

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
639 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights advice...please..Rio...buenos aires...Iguassu Falls

I think you almost answered your questions yourself. Flying from Rio to Bs.As, and on to Iguazu (Arg), leaving from Iguacu (Bra) is a clever way of doing it. Both airports are fairly small, regional airports.

Staying in a hotel on the brazilian or argentian side is a matter of taste. I have stayed a the brazilian side on both my visits to the falls. The cities itself is absolutely nothing special. With the arg. peso much weaker than the real, it might be cheaper on the argentinian side. But in general, costs (taxis, hotels, food etc) are fairly cheap on both sides.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights advice...please..Rio...buenos aires...Iguassu Falls

The airport on both sides is accessible on the bus route that runs fro the town (either) to the park entrance on that side. (A bus runs between the two towns too, and takes you across the border without problem. Just make sure your passport gets stamped..) Flying to Rio from the Brazilian airport is supposedly cheaper.

Which side you stay on is, as mentioned, a matter of taste. Try the convenient and inexpensive Hotel del Rey in Foz (Brazil), with its little rooftop swimming pool to refresh after a humid/hot day, if you decide to stay on that side.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights advice...please..Rio...buenos aires...Iguassu Falls

Thank you for the info!!!! Great stuff ... Much appreciated!!

WEST YORKS
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights advice...please..Rio...buenos aires...Iguassu Falls

Just booked same flights as you looking into but for next year. Booked with LAN - over the phone though - 08009776100 - option 2 - really helpful and got the South American Pass cos I'm travelling into South America with BA.........not sure if you are..............gives a lot more flexibility but all you suggest is doable............

Enjoy and post back when you've been - we're not going till Jan/Feb next year..........

5. Re: Flights advice...please..Rio...buenos aires...Iguassu Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro