We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Rio,end of Jan 2012

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
123 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in Rio,end of Jan 2012

We are planning to spend 2 days in Rio. We have our hotel booked in Copacabana beach. We were thinking of visiting the Christ Redeemer for day 1 and spending the next day in the beach. Just want to safe with my wife.

Any suggestions for the 2 day itinerary and places to eat during our stay?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Rio,end of Jan 2012

Hi there there are some really great places to eat in Rio,. If you want to wander around at night then recommned Ipanema. There are always loads of people and it has everything going for it including some really good restaurants. We loved frontera which is a pay by weight restaurant. The choice was staggering and the food was deilcious. The address is Rua Visconde de Piaraja 128, Ipanema. You shoudl consdier taking a day tour which will not only go to the christ statue but also sugar loaf and few other places. It will help you get more out of your one day sightseeing.

have a great trip

angie

www.angietravels.com

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Rio,end of Jan 2012

Sugar Loaf, Botanical Garden and Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas (in that order of priority) should also deserve your attention.

Romantic fine, expensive dinning: Cipriani (italian, Copacabana Palace), Le Pre Catelan (french, Sofitel), Bistro 66 (brazilian, Jardim Botanico neighborhood), Carlota (brazilian, Leblon), Guimas (brazilian, Gavea and Ipanema).

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
123 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in Rio,end of Jan 2012

What is the best way to make a trip to the Christ Redeemer statue? How long does it take?...Is there any kind of entry fee?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in Rio,end of Jan 2012

Best way for a tourist in my opinion is to take the mountain train.

Arrive early (8am is the first departure) to avoid the long lines.

http://www.corcovado.com.br/

You should take a taxi or a bus from your hotel to the station at Cosme Velho neighborhood.

But you can do that by taxi too. Before the entrance, you should drop and take a regular transfer to the statue. It is adviseble to ask your driver to wait your return, becase not always you´ll find another cab.

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in Rio,end of Jan 2012

It was 20-30 reals to get upto the statue and extra for the taxi or tram upto the ticket booth. Fully agree getting the early as it gets crazy busy. We got there at 3pm the day before NYE and couldn't get on the tram at all. There were some large taxi vans that were there as a second option however I thought they were expensive for the distance we actually got taken.

Another great place to go in Rio is the lagoon. A beautiful lake that has a great walkway around it. I spent new years there and the fireworks were amazing!!

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 days in Rio,end of Jan 2012

It was 20-30 reals to get upto the statue and extra for the taxi or tram upto the ticket booth. Fully agree getting the early as it gets crazy busy. We got there at 3pm the day before NYE and couldn't get on the tram at all. There were some large taxi vans that were there as a second option however I thought they were expensive for the distance we actually got taken.

Another great place to go in Rio is the lagoon. A beautiful lake that has a great walkway around it. I spent new years there and the fireworks were amazing!!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 days in Rio,end of Jan 2012

Superd,

Thank you so much for your valuable tips and for your nice trip report.

8. Re: 2 days in Rio,end of Jan 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2013, 10:18