We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurants in the Leblon area of Rio de Janeiro

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurants in the Leblon area of Rio de Janeiro

Does anyone know good restaurants for lunch and dinner in the Leblon, Ipanama area?

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
18,580 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurants in the Leblon area of Rio de Janeiro

Because there are many “good” restaurants in Leblon and Ipanema, it’s hard to make a recommendation without knowing more about your budget and the kind of food you’re interested in.

One possibility is Casa da Feijoada, which is reputed to have the best-tasting feijoada in Rio. (Feijoada is Brazil’s famous national dish, a savory stew of black beans and various meats.) The restaurant is located in Ipanema (Rua Prudente de Morais 10), right near General Osório Square.

Video view of Casa da Feijoada:

http://bit.ly/tkBQ2b

The link below, primarily featuring restaurants in Leblon and Ipanema, should give you an idea of what is available based on location, type, and price.

http://myde.st/Aqqv3L

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurants in the Leblon area of Rio de Janeiro

My favorite restaurants in Leblon and Ipanema:

Fine dining:

Italian: 1st: Gero (Ipanema); 2nd: Fasano Al Mare (Ipanema)

Portuguese with a brazilian touch: Antiquarius (Leblon) - it is a very traditional place, and I consider that must!

Japanese: Sushi Leblon (considered the best), Togu (more informal)

Seafood: Satyricon (Ipanema)

Grill, meat: Esplanada Grill (Ipanema)... not so good nowadays...

French / Italian: Garcia e Rodrigues (Leblon)... I prefer the front gourmet backery then the restaurant in the back.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurants in the Leblon area of Rio de Janeiro

Not expensive and beloved by locals...

Market (Ipanema), excellent food, amazing atmosphere.

Gula Gula (Ipanema), my favorite casual-chic

Felice Cafe (Ipanema), good casual chic close to the hippie fair

Doce Delicia (Ipanema): salads, quiches and vegetarian excellent options, good for an after beach light meal.

Big Polis: my favorite "juice bar", a stand up healthy option, in a very informal environment in the middle of everything in Leblon

Bibi (Leblon): good juice bar too.

Le Coin II (Leblon): brazilain homestyle food, very traditional and cheap restaurant.

File do Lira (Leblon): cheap brazilian homestyle dishes in a lively atmosphere

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,340 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good restaurants in the Leblon area of Rio de Janeiro

Rua dias Ferreira in Leblon is otherwise known as "Restaurant Row"....you will find many good restaurants to choose from on this street. Enjoy.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good restaurants in the Leblon area of Rio de Janeiro

For authentic traditional Brazilian cuisine, try Alvaro's on Ave Ataulfo de Paiva near the Jardim de Allah. It's the most unpretentious rest in Leblon

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good restaurants in the Leblon area of Rio de Janeiro

Alvaro´s is really a very good "unpretentious" restaurant in Leblon...

It is owner is a spanish elderly and I use to go there to enjoy the dishees based on shrimps and other fishes, though it is not exclusively a seafood restaurant.

The Dias Ferreira is, no doubt, the best restaurant street of Rio and beside the japaneses already mentioned Togu and Sushi Leblon, among many others, you also should try the trendy Zuka, the cozy Quadrucci and one of my favorite brazilian food restaurants, Carlota (some folks have been criticizing that nowadays... but it is still a classic in my opinion).

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good restaurants in the Leblon area of Rio de Janeiro

I can receommend a really good kilo restaurant (the idea is u pay according to weight) in Ipanema called Frontera. The address is Rua Visconde de Piaraja 128, ipanema - there is a huge choice of food buffet style and you basically fill your plate which will then be weighed. If you want to take more you simple take your receipt, fill your plate again and they will give you a new receipt. There were always new dishes and some favourites like beans and rice. The desert table was amazing. Its not expensive, the food was great and the place has a great atmosphere. We went several times for both lunch and dinner

have a great meal

angie

www.angietravels.com

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good restaurants in the Leblon area of Rio de Janeiro

At the same place, the good Frontera, you have the option of pay a fixed price and "eat whatever you want ('till collapse")... best for those with a "higher metabolism".

Nearby, you have the very traditional Carretao Ipanema... a nice option too, not as food by weight. As they are a berbecue buffet, in this case it is just available by fixed price, but they also have an amazing salad and side dishes table.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good restaurants in the Leblon area of Rio de Janeiro

Thank you all for giving us such wonderful ideas for restaurants. I hope we will be able try a lot of them.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good restaurants in the Leblon area of Rio de Janeiro

"Japanese: Sushi Leblon (considered the best)"

Wasn't "the best" fined heavily in December for rotten food?