We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fifa World Cup Accommodation

london
Level Contributor
968 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Fifa World Cup Accommodation

Hi All,

I am planning to travel to the 2014 world cup for a couple of weeks with my family (2 adults and 2 children). I am just starting to think about accommodation which I know is likely to be at a premium. We would ideally like to stay near the beach in a villa as this is likely to be cheaper than a hotel for 2 weeks?

Any websites I can start looking at, what sort of price can I expect to pay, is a villa likely to be cheaper option than a hotel?

Thanks

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Fifa World Cup Accommodation

with some work, and luck, you can get a place for triple the usual daily or weekly rates. Many are asking for 4 or 5 times the usual rates.

try rioupscale.com

singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
82. Re: Fifa World Cup Accommodation

its madness.....tried flipkeys and its all over $1000USD for 3 nights?!!

Hope FIFA can do something to bring the prices down! :(

83. Re: Fifa World Cup Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2013, 16:44
london
Level Contributor
968 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Fifa World Cup Accommodation

Hi - I booked my accommodation 5 months ago via Airbnb, yesterday the landlord cancelled without any explanation. I called Airbnb and they will block out the 2 weeks which my landlord cancelled and thats about it. I am now back to square one. I wont use Airbnb again, I cant find any hotels as Fifa has blocked those out and I have paid for my flights. Just such a mess...

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
729 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Fifa World Cup Accommodation

Hi Santa101, Airbnb cannot do anything against the landlord, just blocking out the two weeks period. But you surely will find many apartments well located like in Copacabana and Ipanema, still available. I'm also a landlord with some apartments in this site and I still have some partly available in these areas. I recommend you to do a research again. Good luck !

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Fifa World Cup Accommodation

Santa101 - I know of a large luxury 1 BR with a big pull out couch in the best part of Ipanema which is available. send me a private message if you want the info

london
Level Contributor
968 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
87. Re: Fifa World Cup Accommodation

Hi - We are a family of 5 so will need 3 bedrooms, there are many properties available but landlords are asking for £10,000 for 2 weeks which is just not financially viable for most people. What is there preventing me finding another apartment and the landlord gets a better offer elsewhere a few weeks before we are due to arrive...

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
729 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
88. Re: Fifa World Cup Accommodation

You should try the areas of Botafogo, Leblon or even Tijuca, where you'll find apartments with 3 bedrooms with a reasonable rates during the World Cup.

89. Re: Fifa World Cup Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2013, 16:41
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
20,494 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: Fifa World Cup Accommodation

Botafogo Pictorial:

http://bit.ly/19i1XiL