We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos aires to Rio De janeiro

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Buenos aires to Rio De janeiro

We have 3 weeks to see BA,Iguazzu and Rio in Aug/sep . Can anyone please advise me if this would be too much driving for not enough reward ? We're aussies and not afraid of distances. Is there a better suggestion for travelling between these places? Appeciate your advice.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buenos aires to Rio De janeiro

IO understand that you come from a big country too, so perhaps used to make large distances...

But for that itineraire, the roads are dangerous, not scenic and driving, instead of flighting, would not, definetely, enhance your experience.

So, it would be a huge waste of time and energy driving it., in my opinion.

Prefer airplane.

Salvador
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buenos aires to Rio De janeiro

Fly. Fares within Brazil at that time of year should close to bus fares, surprisingly. Save your brief time for actual sights/destinations. I would not recommend driving for a number of reasons.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
221 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buenos aires to Rio De janeiro

Airfares are so low between both countries that it doesn´t worth the time and the money that you expend driving.

Buy bus it takes almost 2 days of travel.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,531 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buenos aires to Rio De janeiro

I wouldn't recommend driving that much, as in Brazil the general rule is: toll roads are good, but the state-run ones are awful. Plus, Brazilian drives are kind of adventurous. Rio is 1,500km away from Foz, so it's quite a longe drive.

Overall, flying is much better. You can find some deals, but I recommend you buy in advance, as fares tend to get higher.

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
729 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buenos aires to Rio De janeiro

Surely driving will not be the best deal. BA to Iguassu Falls by air, then you can take a bus to Curitiba, capital of Paraná state and visit the sea coast either by train or by bus and finally a visit to the impressive Ilha do Mel, by ferry or by boat. From Curitiba to Santos by bus and there I'll rent a car for a week, exploring the sea coast till Rio ( São Sebastião, Ilha Bela, ubatuba, Caraguatatuba, Paraty, Angra dos Reis, Ilha Grande by boat and finally Rio. If you want, for another week, you can extend till Saquarema, Arraial do Cabo, Cabo Frio and at last Armação dos Búzios.

6. Re: Buenos aires to Rio De janeiro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 02:15