We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa question

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
772 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Visa question

In preparation for a future trip to Rio I have investigated the process of applying for a Visa for American citizens.

One of the requirements is to provide a RT airline ticket showing travel to and from Brazil.

I plan to fly to Argentina first, then cross the Brazilian border at Iguassau Falls by foot then fly to Rio and then back to NY. Since my Rt ticket does not show entry into Brazil only exit, how do I proceed?

I'm sure others have done this,

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa question

Really a good question.

I think it would be interesting to have your hotel at Foz do Iguacu city (brazilian side) already booked and payed/confirmed in order to show the authorities when apply at brazilian consulate.

I´d post it at the Foz do Iguacu forum too.

Edited: 11 June 2012, 14:19
Level Contributor
55 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa question

You can probably explain your itinerary in your explanation letter

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa question

Show your ticket into Argentina. Look up and print out the bus schedule you will be using to Iguazu Falls, the above advice on the hotel reservation is also good. But I know other folks have done this, you might have to check in at the Brazilian consulate in Argentina, call the consulate and ask for advice (in English) before proceeding with your paperwork.

WQst

http://youtu.be/zKKl5Rn_EV8

4. Re: Visa question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 01:41