We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle Rio / Bus Real 2018

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
712 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle Rio / Bus Real 2018

Since arriving alone I was looking into the more affordable transportation from the airport.

I was leaning towards the shuttle.. Since I would not have to worry about figuring out where to get off , but it looks like the shuttle may only leave once an hour. Does anyone know Iif that is correct?

On the bus is it easy to communicate where to get off. My hotel is on copacabana on rue sa ferreira.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle Rio / Bus Real 2018

Yes, the shuttle leaves the airport once an hour. Starts at 8am until 19:00 (7pm).

I recommend you to take the shuttle instead of bus. You need to make the reservation at the Shuttle Rio website. shuttlerio.com.br/home/…home

After leaving the customs area when you arrive, go to the meeting point of Shuttle Rio shuttlerio.com.br/home/en/ponto_de_encontro.

The shuttle is more eficient than the bus because goes directly to the hotel areas at Copacabana while the bus stops at many place before reaching Copacabana area. With the shuttle the trip to Copacabana will take no more than 35-40 minutes while with the bus you will spend more than 1 hour and 30 minutes going around the city before arriving there.

As you will stay in a hotel located at Rua Sa Ferreira, choose as drop-off point the Windsor Martinique Hotel located at Rua Sa Ferreira. You will only to walk some meters to get to your hotel (since you will stay at Windsor :) ).

Mentioned in this post
Shuttle Rio
Shuttle Rio
54 Reviews
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Copacabana Beach
Copacabana Beach
21,247 Reviews
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Windsor Martinique Hotel
Windsor Martinique Hotel
1,195 Reviews
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle Rio / Bus Real 2018

No. It leaves every 30 minutes.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle Rio / Bus Real 2018

Once an hour

shuttlerio.com.br/home/en/mais_informacoes/

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle Rio / Bus Real 2018

I use to take it at least once a week and the waiting time is always around half an hour.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle Rio / Bus Real 2018

I will ask the shuttle company.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle Rio / Bus Real 2018

Sorry,

I am talking about the frequence of the Real bus line 2018, not about that shuttle.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
96 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shuttle Rio / Bus Real 2018

Hi Gus I land at 05.30. What time does the real 2018 start ?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shuttle Rio / Bus Real 2018

Starts at 05:30am.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
712 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shuttle Rio / Bus Real 2018

I ended up taking shuttle rio. It was nice to not worry about getting off the bus at the right location, but there were a few confusions. The driver went to the wrong terminal, I waited about 10-15 minutes after the time they were supposed to meet, and emailed shuttle rio. They responded quickly and resent the driver. The person at the info desk also called - so even if I didn't have email it probably would have worked out okay. There was also a couple waiting and it seemed like there was also some confusion on their reservation and maybe it was lost. We ended up leaving 30-35 minutes after the scheduled time... so the bus route may not have been any slower.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shuttle Rio / Bus Real 2018

The shuttle is the best option: fair price and quicker than the bus.

Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro