We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Cup 2014 - Accommodation

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
949 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
World Cup 2014 - Accommodation

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a 2 bedroom apartment for 2 weeks near the beach during the 2014 World Cup for 3 adults and a child. How much would I expect to pay, any websites where I can check availability?

Thanks

51. Re: World Cup 2014 - Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2013, 14:42
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
648 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: World Cup 2014 - Accommodation

I tried a few places on airbnb and they all rejected my booking.

They advised me to message the owners first. I did this and finally got one to agree to a price 50% above normal rates for Fortaleza.

Then after a few days of messages the owner spoke to some other people there who reckoned she would get far more for her place for the WC. She was able to cancel my confirmed and paid booking without penalty. I found that really annoying.

I have since got an unsolicited offer from another owner in Fortaleza offering me their place at 4 times the normal rate. Obviously a friend of the person who took my original booking. Needless to say I ignored it. I'm not going to Fortaleza now anyway I've been totally put off the place by one greedy .....

I would recommend avoiding airbnb completely.

Better to use the regular sites such as hotels.com booking.com or agoda.com. Make sure your hotel/apartment exists. Some places can be a scam to get your credit card details. Bad reviews are better than no reviews.

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
729 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: World Cup 2014 - Accommodation

Santa,

There are many apartments in the Airbnb site for an average of 250 USD per night during the World Cup.

Just take a look !

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: World Cup 2014 - Accommodation

What Airbnb state and what they actually commit to are very different. I looked at a lot of these and have to say have been disappointed by people listing a price and then saying "Well of course this is the World Cup so it will be far more expensive". More than half don't even reply and too many are waiting to see what others charge or who will be playing in their venue. It should work and probably does outside of this competition but still the owners think of football supporters being millionauire. they will be disappointed.

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
729 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: World Cup 2014 - Accommodation

That's not really the thruth! I myself had already rented some of my apartments in Rio with Airbnb and Wimdu sites and nobody complained, except for the price that is around 250 USD per night plus the minimum of 7/10 nights during the World Cup.

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: World Cup 2014 - Accommodation

Well it is the truth with me. You have obviously had a bit more luck. Maybe things have settled so I will start looking again.

57. Re: World Cup 2014 - Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2013, 18:25
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: World Cup 2014 - Accommodation

whats your name on airbnb so we can search your listings

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
729 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: World Cup 2014 - Accommodation

My name is Levy.

Melbourne...
8 posts
Save Reply
60. Re: World Cup 2014 - Accommodation

Hi, I am coming from Melbourne (Australia) for the world cup in Rio. Can you please tell me if you have accommodation available for the following dates:- 2/06/2014 to 14/07/2014. for one person only. Thanks