We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage required around Ipanema area

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage storage required around Ipanema area

We are looking to rent an apartment in Ipanema but have to be out by 10.30am and our flight does not leave until 4.30pm so we will need to store our luggage somewhere. The apartment does not have storage facilities.

Is there anywhere around Ipanema that we can store 2 x 61cm cases?

Thanks

Pam

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
18,580 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage storage required around Ipanema area

None in Ipanema that I'm aware of. (The apartment owner would probably hold the luggage for a fee.)

The long-distance bus terminal, Rodoviário Novo Rio, has luggage storage.

http://bit.ly/Mvr6YX

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,532 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage storage required around Ipanema area

Rodoviária is off the beaten track, so maybe using the domestic airport's storage is a good idea. Santos Dumont is in Centro, so you could have lunch at Colombo: tripadvisor.com.br/Restaurant_Review-g303506… , visit the Saint Benedict Monastery (by cab) (tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g303506-d3…); visit a museum, etc.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage storage required around Ipanema area

I´d also ask the owner to hold it for a few hours as already posted by Monte.

But Sodre´s advice is nice too, because SDU airport is very handy (more or less midway from Ipanema to GIG international) and so I´d choose it over the bus terminal (Rodoviaria) luggage store.

Than, you could take the opportunity to enjoy some of the old center area attractions even by foot (Cinelandia, Largo da Carioca, Paco Imperial, Largo do Teles and Confeitaria Colobo). To reach the Mosteiro de Sao Bento, it would be absolutely necessary to take a cab for about R$ 20 (10 minutes from SDU). I´d prefer to stay by Cinelandia and Carioca surroundings instead of go to the Monastery, whose main appeal is the gregorian chorus available only on Sunday´s mass at 10am.

4. Re: Luggage storage required around Ipanema area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 05:19