We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets - Samba Parade in the Sambodromo for March1st, 2014

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tickets - Samba Parade in the Sambodromo for March1st, 2014

We will be in Rio on a cruise ship from 9:00AM March 1st to 6:00 PM March 2nd, 2014 and want to purchase tickets for the Samba Parade in the Sambodromo for March1st.

Can someone recommend a reputable broker to purchase tickets from on-line?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,515 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets - Samba Parade in the Sambodromo for March1st, 2014

RedHat, have a look at this thread: tripadvisor.com/…45998118

Gusdali is one of our top contributors and posted a recommendation there.

California
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets - Samba Parade in the Sambodromo for March1st, 2014

We are on cruise that will be in Rio from 9:00AM Saturday March 1 to 6:00PM Sunday, March 2, 2014 and really want to attend a Samba Parade at the Sambodrome. The only Samba Parade we can attend is the Access Group on Saturday March1, 2014, which okay for us We would like to sit in the Open Boxes or Frisas. . I found tickets on-line from carnivalbookers.com/rio-de-janeiro/carnival-… The price for Rows A&B are $248 USD and $158 USD for Rows B&C.

Are these reasonable prices for Frisas seats for the Access Group? Do the seats for the Access Groups usually sell out? Should I wait and try get tickets closer to the date? I contacted several of the travel agents that were recommended on Trip Advisor, one replied that they didn’t sell tickets for the Access Groups and I’m still waiting to hear from the other agent.

What Section do you recommend: 1-13?

The above company also offers shuttle bus roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship pier to the Sambodrome for $79 USD per person. Do you think this is reasonable? Is there a better alternative to get to and from the Pier to the Sambodrome?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
96 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets - Samba Parade in the Sambodromo for March1st, 2014

I booked with bookers and paid $170 for last month, section 3, eight of the people in my hostel went on the night and bought tickets for $20 outside from locals !!! People making nice money over there.

Scotland
Level Contributor
93 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets - Samba Parade in the Sambodromo for March1st, 2014

I can highly recommend Marcelo Zahar. I purchased my ickets with him this year. His communication was excellent, prices were fair and he hand delivered the tickets when i arrived in rio.

5. Re: Tickets - Samba Parade in the Sambodromo for March1st, 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2013, 13:31
California
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets - Samba Parade in the Sambodromo for March1st, 2014

Which Sector would you recommend?

I found Front Box tickets for Sector 10, is Sector 10 a good location, or should I ask for a different sector?

Tampere, Finland
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets - Samba Parade in the Sambodromo for March1st, 2014

Hi,

I was on 2013 show with my wife. Few tips:

1) if possible, go to the actual competition. It will be amazing. I´m not sure about access groups, but I´m sure about actual competition on Sunday and Monday.

2) we were on sector 11, which is a bit cheaper grandstands sector. Really really good view and place to be. All samba schools will play their closing battery samba just in front of you! Awesome! Really good sector and cheaper.

3) I purchased our tickets from Lush Pathways (http://www.lushpathways.com). The owner, Renata, is very helpful and she communicates a lot with you, so there is no worries. Perhaps the price 10-20 euros higher, but you get a care-free experience with her. Her offices are in Sao Paulo, but she will be in Rio during the carnival time. Very recommendable agent, I guarantee.

Mika - from Finland

8. Re: Tickets - Samba Parade in the Sambodromo for March1st, 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2013, 17:03
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
96 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tickets - Samba Parade in the Sambodromo for March1st, 2014

Just go there and you can buy anywhere outside for a little $. Trust me I paid big $$ and on the day was SSoo many ticket sellers outside for 20/30 $. OR book online for hundreds $$$$$ The locals get them for pennies and sell them to you outside. Believe me guys dont get conned iike I did, just turn up and choose.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tickets - Samba Parade in the Sambodromo for March1st, 2014

I desperately need help.

Tried to purchase Carnival ticket on Rio.com, but got "gateway error" message.

We will get there on 3/7/04, want to go Champion parade on 3/8. Too late to get the two Champion parade tickets upon arrival? Please, please help.

Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro