We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Partying in Rio?

Ever changing
5 posts
Save Topic
Partying in Rio?

Hey, I'm going to be heading there soon and also writing an an article for my blog and was wondering if someone could tell me how Rio is for partying? How cheap is it? What kind of music? What kind of parties? Been reading a lot from google but always the best information comes straight from the people :)

Thanks in advance for any info at all, will be useful for me and many people planning to go there :)

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Partying in Rio?

So, it varies a lot, but I really think Rio has this image of a party city, it's nothing compared to other cities, such as São Paulo. I mean, it's much more a daytime city than a party city (just my opinion).

Anyway, I think you should:

1) visit Lapa, a bohemian area of the city, usuallu full of people in its streets on FRIDAY or SATURDAY;

2) visit Rio Scenarium, which is not far from Lapa, but I suggest you save another date for it, as it opens almost everyday. It's well known among visitors, but far from being touristy: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g303506-d2… ;

3) visit a club. There are different clubs in Rio...some are more alternative, such as Fosfobox and others are the exact opposit, such as Mirroir and 00 (if you wanna see some preppy guys and girls go on a Friday or Saturday). 00 exceptionally hosts a gay-oriented party on Sundays.

2. Re: Partying in Rio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro