We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rio Carnival - Samba Parade Tickets 2014

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
6 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Rio Carnival - Samba Parade Tickets 2014

My two friends and I have booked our dream trip to see the Carnival in Rio next feb. (2014). I know I'm a bit ahead of schedule in terms of ticket reservations as there's another 6 months to go (can't wait :)) but then again, this way, I can research, plan carefully and have plenty of time to ask you Rio natives and pro advisors a bunch of stupid questions :)

So what I'd like to know, is when is the best day to go to the Sambodromo? Unfortunately, we'll be leaving on the day of the champion's parade, but we can still go any day between Feb 28 - Mar 4.

Also, it's rather difficult to understand the difference between the different grandstand-tickets besides the price. Which ones give the most value for money?

My final question is, should we pre book the tickets to make sure to get a good view or should we follow the recommendation in many other threads here in this forum and just go there and buy the tickets outside the Sambodromo?

Thank you in advance for your feedback

//Liz

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
22,844 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rio Carnival - Samba Parade Tickets 2014

Best day: the main Rio Samba Parade in the Sambodromo (also known as the Rio Carnaval Parade) will be held on Sunday, March 2, and on Monday, March 3. (It begins Sunday evening and continues into the early morning on Monday.)

The more expensive tickets afford you a better location. Buy your tickets in advance.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Rio Carnival - Samba Parade Tickets 2014

goriocarnival.com

3. Re: Rio Carnival - Samba Parade Tickets 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:17