We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to the Iguazu falls from Rio de Janeiro

3 posts
Save Topic
Travelling to the Iguazu falls from Rio de Janeiro

Hi,

Has anyone done the Iguazu falls from Rio. We've booked a 10 day trip in Rio but would really like to see the falls while we're in brazil. I've looked for package tours or day trips to and fro but can't find anything. Would really appreciate it if someone can advice. Thanks x

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
1,214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to the Iguazu falls from Rio de Janeiro

Day trip to Iguazu falls from Rio?? Not a chance!

New York
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to the Iguazu falls from Rio de Janeiro

I think you have to fly. We also were thinking about it but either the flight times don't work for us or it's too expensive :o(.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to the Iguazu falls from Rio de Janeiro

Don't be put off by the Brazilian 'can't do' attitude, you'll encounter it a lot....

It's a two hour flight from Rio to Iguazu, the earliest nonstop on TAM gets in at midday and the latest GOL nonstop back leaves at 6. The airport is quite close to the falls so you could just jump in a cab, no tour necessary. You'd have maybe 4 hours at the falls before you need to head back to the airport with no checked luggage. Of course an overnight would be much better, but its hardly "not a chance"

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to the Iguazu falls from Rio de Janeiro

Lol, thank you ever so much. That helps to plan our trip, I don't mind staying overnight if necessary.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to the Iguazu falls from Rio de Janeiro

Have a look at:

TAM.com.br

Voegol.com.br

Voeazul.com.br (this one has a connection)

I would stay overnight.

6. Re: Travelling to the Iguazu falls from Rio de Janeiro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro