We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rio De Janeiro "guest Friendly"

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United States
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rio De Janeiro "guest Friendly"

I will be going to Rio De Janeiro this upcoming April, I understand that most of the hotels are not "guest friendly". I actually called a hotel in Rio, the gentleman stated it was for my "safety" that they did not allow guests. I am looking into apartments or a guest friendly 4-5 star hotel. I have read one persons review somewhere else where as they put a deposit for an apartment online and when they got there it looked different from the pictures. One person stated that after they paid, they received a email stating that it was booked and had to pick another. I would highly prefer suggestions from people who USED/STAYED at the recommended establishments or personally rented through a particular website, NOT a word of mouth or "I heard" or "someone" told me this place. If you personally have a guest friendly suggestion, it would be appreciated. I am willing to pay upward to $250 a day, since I will be staying a entire week ;)

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rio De Janeiro "guest Friendly"

In the past, this rental apartment agency in Copacabana had an open guest policy for some if its apartments. The owner of this agency owns or owned the Balcony Bar, an ocean front bar popular with foreigners looking for such guests

http://www.rioapartmentrental.com/

2. Re: Rio De Janeiro "guest Friendly"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2013, 13:10
Edited: 14 October 2013, 13:10
3. Re: Rio De Janeiro "guest Friendly"

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rio De Janeiro "guest Friendly"

Motels in Brazil are establishments designed for you to take a partner for a private moment. That's what every Brazilian does. No one takes whoever it is to a hotel here, it's just not usual to do it, besides sometimes bothering other guests, due to the well-known sexual tourism that exists here, which is not illegal, nor legal (just undesired to many guests). Not insinuating anything here, just being straight foward considering the hotels' view on it (they think guests may promote parties or whatsoever). So if you can't find a guest-friendly hotel and if you intend to take someone to spend the night with you, stay at a hotel and just take a cab with your guest to one of the several motels (with prices as low as R$ 70 for a night) located in the South Side of and have a romantic night with your guest. Many of them are well known for their vistas, such as Vip's Motel in Leblon.

I know it's not a reasonable rule, but probably such hotels had problems with guests in the past and decided to set this rule. At the end of the day, every traveler has to face rules that sometimes don't seem fair...when I travel to the US, for instance, I feel bad that I can't drink my beer on the street. :(

I'll be glad to help you with any inquiries you have :) All the best

5. Re: Rio De Janeiro "guest Friendly"

United States
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Rio De Janeiro "guest Friendly"

Thank You, so much for the advice. I do not know if i could of done it alone. you have a kind heart.

Edited: 14 October 2013, 18:58
7. Re: Rio De Janeiro "guest Friendly"

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro