We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights reservation TAM, GOL, AZUL as European

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
636 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Flights reservation TAM, GOL, AZUL as European

I looked at some flights between Rio, Iguaccu, Cuiaba and Salvador om www. momondo.com, and prices are pretty good. I asked myself if I as European citizen can buy a flight ticket on TAM, GOL or AZUL websites for same prices (some tickets cost from 50-80 euros). I heard that it is impossible to buy a ticket on GOL website without Brasil ID. Is that correct. What about TAM and GOL

There are some information better to buy Brasil Pass for some flights but as I see it is more expensive and there are some conditions like to before fly to Brasil and other conditions. Could you give me some advices about that. Thank you.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights reservation TAM, GOL, AZUL as European

Last time I used Gol, they asked for a document. You can choose a "Document Type" and then there's a gap for you to fill in with the document number.

If you click on "Document Type", you'll see a list of types of documents, including "Passport", which is the one you should use. Then write your passport number in the gap next to it.

Anyway, it really depends. If you use websites such as Expedia, you may find a good deal, but sometimes tickets are all the same. Look for tickets at the official websites of carriers as well as multiple-search websites.

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
636 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights reservation TAM, GOL, AZUL as European

So it is possible to mahe a reservation from Europe and prices are really low specially because Euro is high now. Am I correct?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights reservation TAM, GOL, AZUL as European

Prices are directly connected to price of fuels and to demand. Fuel is expensive in Brazil, so this impacts prices. Demand, on the other hand, grows at a 2-digit rate every year in Brazil (more and more people flying) and there are no sufficient airport terminals (infrastructure), which makes it harder for us to have a higher number of flights. So, no, it is not related to currency rates only. You can purchase domestic tickets here for the same prices you'd pay in the United States and even higher.

You can make a reservation from Europe and I'd do it the earliest as possible, because you can get a R$ 400 roundtrip if you plan ahead, whereas the same ticket can be sold at R$ 1.000 the closer it gets.

St. Gallen...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights reservation TAM, GOL, AZUL as European

well if you go on the website of the airlines

Tam: no problem as European

GOL: make sure you have a paypal account and use that option to pay then no problem either. however if you enter your phone number just enter it (386)............... without a + or 00 before and maybe they say your birthday date it wrong because they say enter it dd/mm/yyyy but my birthday is january 5th and i had to enter it as 5/1/19xx

AZUL: no idea

AVIANCA: works only for some Europian countries probably not for Slovenia but I am not sure

St. Gallen...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights reservation TAM, GOL, AZUL as European

oh maybe entering the phonenumber was without the ( ) i don't really remember that but mine shows up as (41)7........ in the reservation my countrycode has only 2 numbers however well it is not difficult to find that out though

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights reservation TAM, GOL, AZUL as European

You can use your hotel number and it'll work.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights reservation TAM, GOL, AZUL as European

Remember that Avianca Brazil (www.avianca.com.br) is still operating separately from Avianca International, so use the right site for reservations. Click on the arrow next to the Brazilian flag and click on the U.S. flag to get their English language site.

You can use non-Brazilian credit cards with Azul (my wife's favorite Brazilian airline). You'll see an American flag at the top of the www.voeazul.com.br Web site. That gets you to an English language site. There will be a statement that only credit cards issued outside Brazil can be used on their English language site.

For www.tam.com.br, go to "Mudar do Pais," at the top, and click on the appropriate country flag. TAM also has offices in London you can phone..

On Gol (www.voegol.com.br) click on the Brazilian flag and change to U.S. flag to get their English language site.

Edited: 17 January 2014, 21:38
8. Re: Flights reservation TAM, GOL, AZUL as European

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro