We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rio >>>>>>>>>> Iguaza Falls

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Topic
Rio >>>>>>>>>> Iguaza Falls

I'll be in Rio during the WC and would like to squeeze in as much cities as I can during my 18 day stay. One of the things I want to do is go see Iguaza Falls because I heard it's a must see for anyone traveling in Brazil. I was wondering what's the best and least expensive means to travel from Rio to iguaza Falls? Any cool cities around iguaza falls to hang out for a day or two?

Thanks in advance.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rio >>>>>>>>>> Iguaza Falls

Well, Foz do Iguaçu is quite far from Rio and the best way to get there is by plane. Other than the falls, the nearby Itaipu Dam and the birds park, there isn't much to do there, so we usually recommend a short stay over there. I suggest you book a flight in advance, so that you can get a better deal. The alternative would be taking a bus, which can be very exhaustive.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,828 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rio >>>>>>>>>> Iguaza Falls

you can find very comprehensive info about a trip to the falls on two forums here;

for the Brazilian side:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g303444-i4551-Foz_…

for the Argentine side:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g312804-i6882-Igua…

if you are travelling on a USA, Canada or Australia passport, be aware that you have to pay a reciprocity fee online, in advance, to be able to cross into Argentina. plenty of info on that in Argentina forums here in tripadvisor.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rio >>>>>>>>>> Iguaza Falls

Also check your visa requirements for visiting Brazil. The Los Angeles consulate has jurisdiction over your area: http://losangeles.itamaraty.gov.br/pt-br/

Brazil is exempting WC spectators from paying the visa fee, but a visa application has to be submitted. You'll have to show a copy of your ticket.

4. Re: Rio >>>>>>>>>> Iguaza Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 17:45
5. Re: Rio >>>>>>>>>> Iguaza Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 05:28