We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for Carnival Winners Parade (or Parade of Champions)

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wakefield...
4 posts
Save Topic
Tickets for Carnival Winners Parade (or Parade of Champions)

I am traveling to Rio next week from the US and I'm looking for a reputable web site to purchase tickets for the Carnival Winners Parade, which I've also seen listed as the Parade of Champions. Any advice and suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
19,229 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets for Carnival Winners Parade (or Parade of Champions)

Try Carnival Bookers:

http://www.carnivalbookers.com

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets for Carnival Winners Parade (or Parade of Champions)

If I was to go to the sambadrome at midnight March l, 2014 could I purchase a standing only ticket to see

tje parade at this location, sambadrome?

Wakefield...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets for Carnival Winners Parade (or Parade of Champions)

@MonteCD, that was one of the sites I had come across in my research, so your suggestion definitely helps the confidence in the site. I'll take a closer look, and thanks!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets for Carnival Winners Parade (or Parade of Champions)

Try the tourism agents in Copacabana for tickets. Or last minute sales from Liesa (these are usually announced, with sales location and time, the day before they are released, so you have to be keen and seek them out). There are usually people selling their unwanted tickets near the Sambadrome and I know people who have got in like this, but be aware that entrance security is very tight and you need both halves of the ticket to get in.

Wakefield...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets for Carnival Winners Parade (or Parade of Champions)

We have a layover in Rio for the day tomorrow, and we're going to go to Corcovado. Are there any tourism agents near there or the airport we could try?

boston, ma
Level Contributor
242 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets for Carnival Winners Parade (or Parade of Champions)

By way of follow up so it may be of help for someone next year (I`m the OP`s spouse):

We went to the Carnival Bookers hospitality setup at the Hotel Atlantico in Copacabana at midday on the day of the Parade of Champions (Saturday, March 9). Their website had given this location as a place where tickets booked online could be picked up, and we were in Copacabana anyway so we decided to give it a shot before doing a transaction over the internet. Turns out, in addition to having a pick up desk, they had a "store" set up where you could buy tickets on the spot. The price was the same as that quoted on the internet, except there was no additional charge for the pickup. Plus we got a 10 percent discount for paying in cash. We didn`t have enough Brazilian currency on hand to buy both tickets, but they accepted US dollars for part of our payment, and gave us an exchange rate that was about the same as we got through our ATM, and better than at the cambios. When we left they only had about 80 tickets left on hand -- had we come first thing in the morning they would have had far more available -- so there is no guarantee you can get tickets last minute like this, but for us it worked out perfectly. We had a great time all night at the parade, for a bit less than we had actually budgeted, without any of the stress and uncertainty of booking online with an unfamiliar vendor .

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
19,229 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets for Carnival Winners Parade (or Parade of Champions)

futzysmom: thanks for the information, plus the happy ending to your story.

You obviously had good luck and great fun. Nice to hear that everything worked out so well.

8. Re: Tickets for Carnival Winners Parade (or Parade of Champions)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 04:19
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro