We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires to iguaçu

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Buenos Aires to iguaçu

Myself and my husband have two weeks in Argentina arriving and departing from Buenos Aires. We intend to visit Montevideo but we are looking for ideas on breaking up the trip to the falls.

Thanks muchly.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buenos Aires to iguaçu

There are two major cities in the area: Foz do Iguaçu (Brazil) and Puerto Iguazu (Argentina).

IGR is the airport in Argentina, whereas IGU is the airport in Brazil. This means flights from Buenos Aires usually go to IGR.

That's Foz do Iguaçu's forum: tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g303444-Foz_do_Iguac…

Edited: 18 June 2014, 21:35
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
21,294 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buenos Aires to iguaçu

From Buenos Aires, I would recommend that you take a one-hour ferry (Buquebus) to Colonia del Sacramento for an afternoon visit and then take a bus (two hours) to Montevideo.

http://www.buquebus.com/BQBPreHome.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonia_del_Sacramento

In any event, I know you’re going to enjoy Montevideo, one of the most charming cities of South America.

After Montevideo, take the ferry back to Buenos Aires and then move on to Foz do Iguaçu.

Edited: 18 June 2014, 21:51
Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
426 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buenos Aires to iguaçu

The trip to Iguazu is easy and well worth it. We just returned for Africa and saw Victoria Falls, we both thought Iguazu was more spectacular. Stay a night at the Sheraton on the property, you will beat the crowds.

4. Re: Buenos Aires to iguaçu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro
Recent Conversations