We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Recife to Natal

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
79 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Recife to Natal

I will be in Recife for 8 days in April and I noticed on the map that Natal appears to be somewhat close. I am thinking about spending a few days in Natal. Is the bus ride pleasant? How long is it? What the R/T fare?

Mentioned in this post
Recife
Recife
State of Pernambuco
Natal
Natal
State of Rio Grande do Norte
Braza
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Recife to Natal

164 miles, approx. 4 1/2 hrs, Viacao Progresso

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
897 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Recife to Natal

Just a little extra info - here's a site in Portuguese which you can use to look at Prices (Preço de Passagem) and Hours and Days of Operation (Horarios e Frequencia - SEG is Monday, DOM is Sunday). The fare is R$ 43. Always look for the option "Tipo de Veiculo" (Type of Vehicle) Executivo. If you plan to take the bus you better get used to Portuguese.

Boa Viagem!

https:/…secao_duas_localidades.asp

Oh, by the way, Recife is in Pernambuco state, Natal in Rio Grande do Norte

Mentioned in this post
Recife
Recife
State of Pernambuco
Natal
Natal
Maragogi, AL
Destination Expert
for Maragogi, Maceio, Porto de Galinhas, Recife, Japaratinga, Tamandare, Costa dos Corais
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Recife to Natal

This note is probobly too late for our traveler, but good for general information and discussion. At the end of February, I drove from Recife to Natal and back. The construction makes the trip a nightmare. The whole distance on BR 101 is being rebuilt. Due to all the delays and detours, the trip took more like the old days, six hours. Once done, the road will be great, but for the time being you have to have patience.

Mentioned in this post
Recife
Recife
State of Pernambuco
Natal
Natal
Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
897 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Recife to Natal

Sounds like we have a new voice with lots of Brazil experience. Thanks for sharing and keep coming back with your knowledge, BrazilBum.

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
5. Re: Bus from Recife to Natal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 01:19