We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florianopolis - Best Place to stay for backpackers/party

Which Florianopolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Florianopolis - Best Place to stay for backpackers/party

Hey,

Could somebody tell me the best place/area of Flora to stay for backpackers who are looking to party a bit as well? I've heard Pria Mole is cool? Is this the best area?

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Florianopolis - Best Place to stay for backpackers/party

Hey Victor,

Unfortunatly we won't be in Floro that wkend and will be there the wkend after so will miss those events. Do you think 6 days is a good amount of time to spend there? We will prob go to Warung for 1 night?

Thanks

Florianopolis, SC
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Florianopolis - Best Place to stay for backpackers/party

Yes, 6 days is a good amount of time.

But I'm not sure if Warung will be open on the dates that you indicated. I don't know if it will be open every week in November, because it's not high season yet, so you'll have to check their schedule first. Same thing goes for other famous clubs. But, anyway, there's always going to be somewhere in town for you to party and have a great time =)

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Florianopolis - Best Place to stay for backpackers/party

Hey Victor,

Thanks for the advice. Do you know how I could check as somebody else said the same thing to me, but they seemed to think that by the mid/end of Nov the clubs should have started to open? When does the high season usually start?

Thanks

Florianopolis, SC
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Florianopolis - Best Place to stay for backpackers/party

Oh man... you'll miss some cool parties that will happen in the week just before your arrival... I've just found out that there's also going to be a Carnival party taking place on November 15, 16 and 17 in Florianopolis, besides the two other events that I mentioned before... Too bad you can't come on those dates.

You have to check the websites to see the dates. I have looked at Warung website and I couldn't find any party on the week that you provided, I guess it won't be open at that time... But there are other options, you can go to places like El Divino, Confraria, and Fields, this last one is actually country music, but it's very popular among young Brazilians and university students.

The high season starts in mid December and lasts until Carnival, which takes place in February. Things heat up after Christmas, when the tourists begin to come to the island for the holidays. January is the peak of the high season, and that's when most brazilians are on vacations.

Edited: 18 October 2012, 11:58
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Florianopolis - Best Place to stay for backpackers/party

@victorgoulartbr Do you know where we can buy tickets to these events?

Florianopolis, SC
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Florianopolis - Best Place to stay for backpackers/party

You can buy the tickets online. The links are here:

Folianópolis (off-season carnival): www.folianopolis.com.br

Warung Club Anniversary: www.warung10anos.com.br/

Dream Valley: http://dreamvalleyfestival.com.br/

The Dream Valley Festival is having some issues with the environmental police because the festival is going to take place near a Zoo. So they are still waiting for the environmental authorization, but you can already buy the tickets if you want, at your own risk. The website says that they have already performed all the required tests and are just waiting for the environmental permission.

Edited: 23 October 2012, 14:13
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Florianopolis - Best Place to stay for backpackers/party

Thanks for all the advice. One more question, if we are staying in florianopolis, how is the best way to get to Dream Valley [Penha]

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Florianopolis - Best Place to stay for backpackers/party

This thread is amazing.

We are staying in either Backpackers Sharehouse or Sunset Backpackers. We are planning to go to Warung Beach Club too. Feel free to make contact if you fancy joining.

djdando@hotmail.com

Florianopolis, SC
4 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Florianopolis - Best Place to stay for backpackers/party

Check this one:near Praia Mole and full of young people, I have stayed here when I came to Floripa the first time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V7cWU2nQ34

20. Re: Florianopolis - Best Place to stay for backpackers/party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Florianopolis