My friend and I are going to visit Floripa in mid April for 7 days.
I'm having a hard time figuring out the best place to stay.
From what I've heard:
- public transport isn't the greatest
- maybe rent a car/scooter
- traffic can be bad at peak times getting to and from downtown
What we plan to do (weather permitting):
- Sandboarding at Joquina
- Scuba? I don't think it's really popular in Brazil but this is one of the only things we want to do on our trip
- Learn to surf
- Nightlife / 1-2 nights of clubbing/party as we're arriving on the weekend
- Eat local cuisine
- Beach time to fill in the gaps
I'm just looking for suggestions or even a place to start researching. It seems that there are key benefits to staying near each part of the island but some insight would be appreciated to help me make a more informed decision.
I'm leaning towards Lagoa da Conceição as it's near Joquina and sandboarding will be easy to accomplish from there - but will I be kicking myself for staying there if I want to accomplish the other things on my list?
Demographic: 2 single guys in their early 30s, chinese and sri-lankan canadians who don't speak a lick portuguese.Edited: 20 February 2014, 23:28