We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Where to stay in Floripa from in mid April

My friend and I are going to visit Floripa in mid April for 7 days.

I'm having a hard time figuring out the best place to stay.

From what I've heard:

- public transport isn't the greatest

- maybe rent a car/scooter

- traffic can be bad at peak times getting to and from downtown

What we plan to do (weather permitting):

- Sandboarding at Joquina

- Scuba? I don't think it's really popular in Brazil but this is one of the only things we want to do on our trip

- Learn to surf

- Nightlife / 1-2 nights of clubbing/party as we're arriving on the weekend

- Eat local cuisine

- Beach time to fill in the gaps

I'm just looking for suggestions or even a place to start researching. It seems that there are key benefits to staying near each part of the island but some insight would be appreciated to help me make a more informed decision.

I'm leaning towards Lagoa da Conceição as it's near Joquina and sandboarding will be easy to accomplish from there - but will I be kicking myself for staying there if I want to accomplish the other things on my list?

Demographic: 2 single guys in their early 30s, chinese and sri-lankan canadians who don't speak a lick portuguese.

Edited: 20 February 2014, 23:28
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
1,214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Floripa from in mid April

Definitely Lagoa da Conceição. There will be near beaches (Mole, Galheta, Joaquina), sandboard and surf; also a nightlife area. It's centrally located, one of the best options to explore all around.

You'll find local cuisine everywhere but the south of the island is the place for that.

2. Re: Where to stay in Floripa from in mid April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Florianopolis