We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do i need vacinations?

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Do i need vacinations?

Hi, im traveling to sao paulo and staying for 2 months.

I was wondering if i needed vacination and which kind?

Thank you

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do i need vacinations?

i don't think there is any mandatory vaccinations to sao paulo, if u go to the amazon then u should get yellow fever vaccine

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do i need vacinations?

Hi Proibita!

There is no obligation or requirement of vacinnation to enter in our country or in SP.

Even if you go to the brazilian amazon area, there is no obligation, but Linatoday has remembered us that it is adviseble to get the one against yellow fever and make a medicine prevention against Malaria as well.

If you go to Peru, btw, you should have a vacination card and you should have taken the yellow fever one, at least 6 mounths prior to the landing date in that country.

Edited: 05 December 2011, 11:31
Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,532 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do i need vacinations?

Yellow fever vaccination is "recommended" albeit not mandatory, for travelers going to some areas in Brazil:

…cdc.gov/travel/…yellow-fever-brazil.htm

Argentina is issuing the same recommendation for tourists going to the Iguazú area, and is on the way of vaccinating the entire population of the Misiones province.

4. Re: Do i need vacinations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2012, 10:19