We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How difficult is it to watch Santos play?

Which Sao Paulo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How difficult is it to watch Santos play?

Hi,

A naive question here....but please can anyone tell me ho difficult it would be to get tickets to watch Santos play football? And when does the Brazilian football season start and end please?

Thank you.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How difficult is it to watch Santos play?

Hi,

Tickets go on sale usually one week before the match, so if you get to Brazil early enough, you may be able to score a ticket. Unfortunately to buy tickets online, you need to have a "CPF" (see explanation of "cpf": http://thebrazilbusiness.com/qa/what-is-cpf), so if you don't know anyone in Brazil, then you'll have to buy your ticket in person.

If money isn't a problem, there are always touts outside the stadium but be careful with fake tickets.

The national championship (Brasileirão) starts around the second half of May and goes until early December.

There's also the state championship from January until the first half of May.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How difficult is it to watch Santos play?

Hi again,

Sorry for double posting, but I forgot to add the website with the calendar of the matches for Santos (so far, there are dates until June):

http://www.santosfc.com.br/futebol/jogos

I think it might be easier getting tickets to matches that aren't home games (i.e., at "Vila Belmiro" = Santos stadium) or against bigger/popular teams.

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How difficult is it to watch Santos play?

Hi,

Thank you so much for that. I take it all home games are sold out?

How much do the touts charge for a ticket please?

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,933 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How difficult is it to watch Santos play?

no, not sold out ,

when do you plan to do it?

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How difficult is it to watch Santos play?

To be honest, not until early 2013 but i just wondered if it was the same as with Manchester United over here where it is nearly impossible to buy the tickets on the day you see.

How far is Santos from where i would be flying in to?

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,933 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How difficult is it to watch Santos play?

it´s about an hour ..but don´t worry....lots of things can happen till 2013!

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How difficult is it to watch Santos play?

Thank you. What do you mean? Im asking too early?

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,933 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How difficult is it to watch Santos play?

yes..it´s too early...Santos will play the final regional championship this Sunday and they still don´t know if the game will be in SP or Santos...!!!!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
187 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How difficult is it to watch Santos play?

Seeing Santos play in the Vila Belmiro can be difficult in the more relevant games (although it's a unique experience, for it's a very small, intimate stadium). Therefore, to see a high quality game, you may want to look for an away game against Sao Paulo, Palmeiras or Corinthians, all of which happen in Sao Paulo (Pacaembu or Morumbi stadium).

Anyway, if you'd like to check, www.futebolcard.com is a website where you can buy official tickets - you actually get a virtual ticket loaded onto your credit card

10. Re: How difficult is it to watch Santos play?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2012, 17:11