We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozy bar with live samba music

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Cozy bar with live samba music

About 5 years ago I was in Sao Paulo and ended up one evening at a small bar with live samba. It was down what looked like a semi residential street but had a lot of other bars on it.

Of course being so vague I realise I cant find the same one, but any recomendation on cozy bars with live samba and other Brazlian music friendy and not touristy (I can handle portuguese). Greatly apreciate any suggestions.

Vatican City, Italy
Level Contributor
760 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozy bar with live samba music

There's a great little samba club in Freguesia do Ó. I don't recall the name but it's on the corner of Largo da Matriz and R. Anastacio de Souza Pinto. It sounds a lot like your bar. There are a number of bars around the largo but it's mostly a residential area. Great atmosphere I'd recommend it. If you take the metro to Barra Funda you can get a bus from there.

Enjoy!

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozy bar with live samba music

Thank you very much Jorge! Will check it out!

3. Re: Cozy bar with live samba music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 22:15