We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clubbing in Sao Paulo during the week

Which Sao Paulo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Clubbing in Sao Paulo during the week

Hi there,

I'm planning on going to Brasil next month. I already have an idea where to go on the weekends, but I have no idea where to go clubbing during the week. I'll be in Sao Paulo for the last week in November. I'm looking for clubs that play Electronic Dance Music. My favorite is dub step, but I like usually all varieties of EDM.

Thank you for your help.

Carmen.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Clubbing in Sao Paulo during the week

I know many clubs that work during the week, but they don't play eletronic music. D-Edge is a club that plays house / dustep on saturdays and sunday mornings afterparty, they open on thursdays but I'm not sure if thursdays nights are also eletronic, A friend told me about Lions Nightclub on wednesdays, but I've never been there so I can't guarantee you.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Clubbing in Sao Paulo during the week

Wednesdays at Lions are now the home of CIO, a party that has been around for many years.

CIO plays 80's, new electronic, old future, disco, house, electro, techno.

but not sure if the crowd is what the OP expcets; she can check pics on their facebk page:

https:/…110799651595

Thursdays at D-edge are Moving nights; might be more up her alley:

http://www.d-edge.com.br/projects/

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,960 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clubbing in Sao Paulo during the week

What are the places to visit from sunday untill tuesday?

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Clubbing in Sao Paulo during the week

curt,

what kind of scene are you looking at? nightlife is fairly segmented in SP.

look at comment #7 in this thread as a starting point:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303631-i2161-k685…

and time out sao paulo can help you too.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,960 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clubbing in Sao Paulo during the week

Hi Rokatoo, The scene doesnt matter much.. if it is alternative, club, lounge or samba.. I am just looking for a place where people would go too. To go to a samba bar and nobody there is not much fun.. I wonder if some places are known that it attracts a crowd.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Clubbing in Sao Paulo during the week

Curt, on monday nights D-Edge club have a "On the Rocks" part, it's a really popular night for them.

malta
Level Contributor
75 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clubbing in Sao Paulo during the week

and the best place to stay ? villa Malinda ?

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,960 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clubbing in Sao Paulo during the week

Mateus, Thank you for the tip! Indeed D-Edge got really busy on monday. Music was rock and the crowd was young (around 20).

VIla Madelena was quiet busy on sunday but the bars stop serving beers around 11PM so its better to go there early

9. Re: Clubbing in Sao Paulo during the week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 06:20