We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and Beer prices in Borovets

Which Borovets hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
north west
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Food and Beer prices in Borovets

I am going to Borovets in Feb and wanted to know how much money to take, so can anyone tell me how much is the food and drink costs ???? thanks

Surrey
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Food and Beer prices in Borovets

We are thinking of going to Borovets too and would also like to know this information if anyone knows?

Thanks!

West Midlands
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food and Beer prices in Borovets

Food and drink in the resort is about the same as reasonably priced food at home. We went B&B for new year 2008/09 and took £150 each. On that, we had a light lunch every day with a drink, a few hot wines on the way back to our hotel and then an evening meal with a couple of alcoholic drinks. If you go out of the resort it's much cheaper but in tourist places it's much the same.

Bristol U.K
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food and Beer prices in Borovets

We just got back from Borovets yesterday after our third visit in four years to the resort.The prices have increased dramatically and can vary wildly depending on where you go and when. In the hotels, e.g. The Rila,Flora,Samocov etc it is about 5 levs for a large beer which is just about £2.50 the same in many of the bars on the main strip but they do have happy hours when a beer can cost you as little as 1.5 levs. Watch out for ordering a small beer as they are 4 levs so obvious value in buying large! A pizza averaged about 16 levs (£8) in most of the restaurants. Not extortionate but much more than only a couple of years ago. On the slopes it is outright robbery! 6 levs (£3) for a mars bar, about the same for a can of coke, 4 levs for a small coffee that comes in and tastes like a vending machine plastic cup!! We ended up taking snacks with us in a backpack which we bought in one of the supermarkets in resort.

There are a few places in the resort where you can get good value. I recommend the Alpina which is opposite the Flora hotel just up from the gondola. it is run by a young English couple who do nice jacket spuds when you've had enough of pizza and chips and a decent pint at much more reasonable prices they were always quite busy which tells its own story. Also on the same road and same side but this time down from the gondola, try The Hunters. It was unique at being a non smoking bar/restaurant which was a relief as smoking is everywhere which since the ban here in UK seems even more offensive, (I am a smoker by the way!) and we enjoyed a nice meal in there with good, friendly service.

UK
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Food and Beer prices in Borovets

Hi,

can you, or anyone else, elaborate on the ski conditions on the site? it's seems that there is no enough snow.

thanks.

midlands
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food and Beer prices in Borovets

Hi,just came back from a week in borovets. it snowed a ferw times whilst we were there. the nursery slopes were starting to turn a bit icy but if you go up the gondola or just a bit higher then i think there is more snow. i heard that it is the other two resorts pamporove and bansko that havent got much snow at all. i took about 400levs between 2 people.which lasted us the week, but were not big drinkers, and we were on hallf board.the prices on the resort are pretty much the same as the uk, but probably get cheaper as you move out of the resort.

6. Re: Food and Beer prices in Borovets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 16:17